Cheated by Jainex computers, SP road, Bangalore EDIT: Resolved

#artattak congrats buddy, you got some good service here.

Sad to know that Jainex Computers has also gone down the same path that other shops on S.P. Road are all to willing to take, I remember the shop-master at Ankit Infotech refuses to speak to me, because I just browse through his pricing.

I have seen that attitude from Golcha. When i first went to their shop to enquire about the prices of the Corsair 400R cabinet and TX 850 SMPS i told them i'll come back. I Finally brought the Cabinet from Jainex and he tried very hard to get me the TX 850 power supply but couldn't find it anywhere in the market. So i went back to Golcha to get it and guess what. He gives me a sly smile and says that its not available! I could see the smps on the shelve and i pointed in that direction and he tells me its been already sold. I said ok and moved out and then he calls me back and gives me the SMPS in a fashion like he is doing me a big favor. I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Next i even had to buy the GTX 680 from him only because of the availability and i must say if i have a choice down the line i'll buy hardware from some one else even if i have to pay a few bucks more then dealing with this overtly proud Knight of SP Road.

That Jainex guy is no saint but Ankit and Golchha etc are far worse when dealing with customers. I dislike dealing with those guys so much that I now buy almost exclusively online, despite the possibility of getting slightly lower prices in SP Road.

IIRC This is discussed a lot at "S.P. road thread". But I guess like all things; people also forgets bad fame with time. I buy from Aashirwad since he opened his shop; no attitude shown; always helpful.

The rule is simple. You get what you pay for. If you want perfect peace of mind, go for a top notch seller even if he charges 10% extra. That 10% is a price to avoid such hassles.

Seriously ?? If you like getting ripped off, everyone should start doing same?

In my experience, all the guys here only know to sell. After that, you're on your own. I've had bad experiences with all of the big names in SP with after sales support.

Surabhi: Bad experience getting my motherboard fixed.

Ankit (Before Dinesh started Ashirwad): Bad experience getting my DVD drive fixed.

Jainex: Bad experience getting my no-name SMPS fixed.

To top it all, almost none of these idiots know anything about the products they are selling. They might as well have been selling coconuts for the difference it would have made.

Your experience might have been different. My experience tells me that SP road is useless for after sales support. So the guiding factor has to be lowest pricetag.

Any idea why Indian govt. doesnt allow refurbished drives to be labelled as such?

I doubt the government has anything to do with this. This is probably the decision of the Indian WD or their dealership. Most likely, so that they can rip off customers like the OP.

I had my Seagate HDD RMA'd, and the replacement drive clearly states its a refurbished drive ("Certified Repaired"). So the govt. has not imposed this restriction, this is from their local subsidiary or local dealers.

That Jainex guy is no saint but Ankit and Golchha etc are far worse when dealing with customers. I dislike dealing with those guys so much that I now buy almost exclusively online, despite the possibility of getting slightly lower prices in SP Road.

Thats one irritating factor. To me, the biggest bug-bear is the availability of items, or rather their non-availability. After spending so much time reseaching stuff, and even after filtering out brands that aren't available in India, when I get down to SP road, usually its out of stock.

When I had wanted to get a Gigabyte P35 mobo, it was out of stock everywhere. Since I didn't have time or patience to be back, i took the Intel P35 mobo which wouldn't have been my first choice.

Recenty, went twice there to get Asus Essense STX soundcard, and again no one had it in stock. On 3rd visit, again none had it in stock, except Golchha which had one piece in hand. I got ripped and bought from him since my patience had run out.

Its just so much more easier when you're buying stuff online. Much like you, I think my excursions to SP road would be very limited in the future.

SMC charges 10% extra but I have had no bad experience with them. They go out of their way to help me, including selling my old stuff for prices I might not be able to sell myself at. But they charge 5-10% extra over the lowest market price. Simple, if you are penny wise, you deserve to be treated the same way.

SMC charges 10% extra but I have had no bad experience with them. They go out of their way to help me, including selling my old stuff for prices I might not be able to sell myself at. But they charge 5-10% extra over the lowest market price. Simple, if you are penny wise, you deserve to be treated the same way.

Where is SMC on SP road? One word: Context.

Find somebody good there. There must be some good shop
<
The cheapest is usually not the best, tho, aka Computer Empire or Cost 2 Cost, both are the cheapest but lack SMC's service.

Find somebody good there. There must be some good shop
happy19.gif
The cheapest is usually not the best, tho, aka Computer Empire or Cost 2 Cost, both are the cheapest but lack SMC's service.

I had been at Mumbai and I could maybe buy your argument for some dealers at Lamington Road. But my experience tells me its not applicable at SP road. And from what I hear, Hyderabad is an entire rip-off. Prices are too high, and no proper after-sales service too.

Hell, when I bought my mobile from Tata Croma, I asked the saleslady if they would replace the item if there were any issues for a week, and the reply: "Contact manufacturer"
rolleye17.gif

wow............. this is the same jainex who have been playing with me since last 15 days!!! i bought a tablet for 5598 bucks from ebay under the supervision of seller as "jainex"....
According to the mail n msg sent by jainex, my product was shipped on 16,july. But according to the AWB number, from dnjexpress.com , they r saying me that the product was despatched on 17,july. Morover, these guys aren't responding me when i call them up!!! Each n evry time i call these people up, they just tells me that their boos is in a meeting n that the person will convey him to call back me asap, but as while no such infos have been provided to me about the item.....
Now, thinking of getting refund from the ebay guyz.....!!! please help...... What should i do???

And from what I hear, Hyderabad is an entire rip-off. Prices are too high, and no proper after-sales service too.

Hell, when I bought my mobile from Tata Croma, I asked the saleslady if they would replace the item if there were any issues for a week, and the reply: "Contact manufacturer"
rolleye17.gif
True that. For all the talk about CTC, Paradise it is one of the worst place for your buying needs. Recently wanted to buy a router, I go to a shop and he quotes me 1100 - I said no and moved on. Checked out some other shops and dint like anything. When I go back, he quotes 1150 with a 50 discount just for me. So maddening, went with FK.

Each n evry time i call these people up, they just tells me that their boos is in a meeting

That's a very stupid excuse, only meant to stall you. Did they wait for approval from their boss before accepting your order? So, why should you wait after you have purchased the item?

Now, thinking of getting refund from the ebay guyz.....!!! please help...... What should i do???

I think Ebay allows the seller upto a week to ship the item, however it appears this interval has already passed in your case.

If so, raise a dispute at PaisaPay/Ebay, saying the item hasn't reached you, and be sure to give them negative ratings. Most probably, PaisaPay should refund your money, thanks to the escrow payment system at Ebay.

w.r.t. the case of WD's explanation for not marking re-certified products, is somewhat correct as all computer components sold in India are covered by our anti-dumping laws. This is because 'refurb/used' electronics come under a different tax bracket (not exactly sure how much but i know its different than for a new product).
and yes i know how old this thread is :D

Back