Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

Finished this yesterday just for the heck of finishing what once was a great franchise.

Total snorefest imo, missions start off slowly then they pull a Serious sam on you. Ideas have been blatantly overused and location layouts are the same. The same masala over and over again, breaching doors in slow motion, playable characters getting killed and following Capt. Price in covert missions where enemies are so blind they'll walk right over you and not realize what they stepped on. This was great in "All ghillied up" if you remember and we see this crap twice in this game. I was crouching 5 feet away from an enemy in half a foot of grass which was barely there and they just walked past me lol. They should make a new genre (console fps) since that what this exactly is, recoil is almost non existent and multiplayer is the same stale formula with micro tweaks. Out of the 4 odd hours of the campaign, one hour just felt like an interactive cutscene.

and why the f**k did Soap have to die, he was such a Rajni in the first 2 games and now he spent most of the time in this one on his deathbed lol

Graphics on the pc suck ba**s , nothing that warrants a 3k price tag. I am atleast glad this sub IP has now been laid to rest. It will be interesting to see what Activision does next year.

For now COD has become to games as Justin Bieber and Twilight are to music and movies i.e., mainstream crap that makes a ton of money for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Sad to see that the highest selling piece of entertainment of our civilization is this BS. I think this is the end of Singleplayer in FPS both MW3 and BF3 were mediocre, i hope the future iterations only have multiplayer with a monthly subscription, only HL3 can prove me wrong now.

p.s the most honest review for this game

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/11/10/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-review/1

Infinity Ward Bans 1,600 Modern Warfare 3 cheaters

I guess the next thing they'll ban are quick scopers, campers, noob tubes ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

quan chi said:
Now this is damn funny!

Metacritic vs. Modern Warfare 3: The Psychology of Fanboys

Metacritic vs. Modern Warfare 3: The Psychology of Fanboys - Games Feature at IGN

That article seems to echo my thinking that the one and only reason why people and fanboys love to bash MW3 is the lack of a new graphics engine, no matter what other changes may have been done.

Had there been a smoking new engine the same guys will be going ga-ga over it.

Played the campaign, clocked 5 hrs. Deja vu, anyone? It was more like Black Ops than MW2. Too fast, too much happening too soon, forgettable characters and same gameplay. The only thing that I liked was the sound. Guns feel more powerful and pack a thump, not like dead man's fart in the previous iterations. There was no WOW moment like in MW or MW2, or maybe I have grown used to the cliched story mechanics.

And stop with the AC 130's please !! Now every game has a gunship sequence. Why not a ship sequence, or an artillery sequence to try something different.

Ethan_Hunt said:
The first one clocked exactly 3 hours and the one I just got off from, would be around 2 1/2.

Thats pretty quick, it been long since I completed any SP, I have time, so finished BF3 enjoyable, 33% complete with MW3, kinda find it monotonous, run - crouch - shoot! I did like some of the sequences, and the slow motion cam is a nice touch!

I got the steam version from a friend. And i have to say the MP is very bad, nothing improves from MW2, and i was wondering to myself why this game was released as it has nothing new to offer.

(And then i saw 1 Billion $ in 16 days).

aman27deep said:
i got the steam version from a friend. And i have to say the mp is very bad, nothing improves from mw2, and i was wondering to myself why this game was released as it has nothing new to offer.

(and then i saw 1 billion $ in 16 days).
hybrid sight

Anybody who even discusses about games online will surely vote for BF3. However a large part of the audience don't do more than watch IGN reviews and this is the "casual" market that this game appeals to IMHO. These people DON'T participate in online polls or discussions, where BF3 is getting all the support.

already been into few mins of the game(towards the end of act 1).To be honest its not that bad here the pace has been pumped up.Atleast far better than bf3 single player.

i agree beyond mw2 not much of difference.

but choices of strike packages, then support package modes are good thought. Plus hybrid sight is awesome.

played both games, i just felt BF3 looks better than CODMW3. but used to interface of mw3 i guess

Back