Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

Started playing SP. Just about an hour into the game. I wasn't getting it before when reviewers used to say the graphics are bad and the gameplay is getting too repetitive, but now with this game i am beginning to fell that they are just repeating the thing over and over again. The visuals are same as MW2. Somehow feel Black ops had better graphics. Same voiceover, same gameplay tactics are making it feel that i have played it already. I am glad that this is the end of this series. Hopefully next time around they come up with something different.

But still i am enjoying the SP campaign. Many games including BF3 try too hard to change a lot of things but still their SP sucks.

Looked at some MP videos and nothing much has changed from MW2. I got bored playing MW2 multiplayer after some time. Same run and gun tactics will be fun for few days. Later it gets boring.

Bluffmaster said:
I am tired of this whole Modern Warfare craze. I want to go back to the gold old World War Days and kick some Nazi butt.
Yes! But am afraid that is never gonna happen again unless its kicking mutant Nazi butt (the occult side of it like Wolfenstein) :(

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

Freaky said:
Yes! But am afraid that is never gonna happen again unless its kicking mutant Nazi butt (the occult side of it like Wolfenstein) :(

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

IMO, games based on Modern Warfare too are just the result of the latest fad and like everything, this too shall pass. With the kind of graphics and innovation in gameplay these days I would really love to play an emotional world war 1 or 2 saga. I wish the next Medal of Honor title goes back to its roots and deliver an emotionally engaging story. Medal of Honor was always stellar when it came to emotional quotient. I still remember the menu music of Allied Assault and some of its missions were just brilliant. Imagine a recreation of Omaha Beach Landing with frost bite 2 engine!

Also, the next Brothers in Arms title is based around World War era.

....I think I will wait to get/play this one over Xmas, hopefully there will be some deals on them (read steam deals), nothing new coming out during that time, so can save this one for then.

But its crazy to think that this game had almost 9 million pre orders!!

i have been a COD series fan till now and liked all cod games. Have played lot of cod1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and loved it to maximum. Here are my first impressions on the COD MW3.

Played single player first three missions yesterday. In the first mission had turned the occlusion setting high so was really disappointed with the graphics. Then read on overclock that the game looks better in Native setting in occlusion. After doing that game looked much better. the gameplay is ditto same as mw2, lot of scripted events etc. The music was getting mixed with the gameplay noise and creating that effect. overall and average experience till now.

Then played multiplayer, and to my surprise didnt find dedicated server list. I had read that there will be dedicated servers for this. Didnt even find any article on people complaining about this issue. This is was the main reason i bought black ops last time which i enjoyed maximum. Even these days i play that.

The multiplayer is exactly same mw2. It made me join in some far away server. It became very difficult to play in that high ping server. Was getting killed just like that. Played in 4 different maps. The maps seemed very small. The maps that i played were not even close to what are there in mw2, mw1 and black ops. Having said that didnt even like the movement of players in the game. Looked very artificial(may be this the effect of playing bf3, but will play black ops again to check this). Other than that the audio too was not appealing or say the gun noise was not that good.

Havent played spec ops yet, have some friends who will play that. Hopefully that is good. Spec ops in mw2 was gr8. There is survival and campaign in spec ops. Survival seems to be mordern version of zombie mod in world at war/black ops.

overall seems like i have wasted 2.5k...:mad:

MW3 Dev Begs for Help With Low Metacritic User Score

Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to Twitter to ask Call of Duty fans to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Metacritic.

"I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree."

Modern Warfare 3 is attracting a torrent of user scores of zero across all three platforms. The current user score (out of 10) is 2.7 on Xbox 360, 2.0 on PS3 and 1.5 on PC.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212113p1.html

:rofl:

Lol, by that logic BF3 should have had a score of -5923, seeing as the number of COD fanbois outnumber others 100 to 1. I guess the real fans are feeling ripped off by Activision by what is basically more of the same. (BF3 player metacritic 7.2 ).

Interesting to see how the critics reviews are mostly 100, and the user reviews are <10. Critics getting rich at the expense of players?

Will this gonna run on HD6450 (plus Q2D 8200/2gigs ram) - even on minimum resolution?

Crysis 1 runs (not smoothly though) on it.

I wanted to buy the game - only for the MP. But I'm not sure if my gpu can handle this - and 2500 bucks is just too much to waste (!!). ;)

Back