Building Home RIG Stage By Stage : Need Advice

heheheh, yeah, ocz has stopped production , go for corsair , btw, the ram prices would be going downwards again, after the Chinese new year ! :) go ahead , buy the quad core , and enjoy with ur rig ;)

X4 and 880GM performing superb. Upgrading from Atom this is something for me. :hap2:

I will add another 2 GB Stick in next week. FF eats quite a good memory if you open 8-10 Tabs.

I would like to now get a nice cabby with Decent LED Fans. I have always liked that CM 690(TE Fav.). Is 690-2 Available ?

Budgate for cabinet is around 4000. can stretch it lil bit if something is worth it.

After installing 2x2 GB Corsair XMS3 KIT(bought it from TE deal). Installed Win7 x64. and System performance is increased quite a bit. Now i can run VMWARE Mac easily. But 1 thing i didn't understand when i installed the RAM first time. BIOS booted it with 1333 Mhz though rated speed is 1600 Mhz. so went to the BIOS settings and had to select manually 1600. Why is that ??:huh:

Wont BIOS detect it automatically 1600 Speed ?

^^

AMD processor architecture doesn't support RAM speeds exceeding 1333 MHz at default you need to over-clock or as in your case you went to the BIOS and did the needful. AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition PC Component review - Trusted Reviews

For the cabinet query why don't you look at the NZXT Gamma, cheaper, smaller foot-print shall accommodate all cards upto the AMD HD 6950 with ease so I pitch for that + you can add upto 6 fans to it. TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - TheITWares / Theitdepot - NZXT Gamma Black Steel Mid-Tower ATX Cabinet

pratikb said:
get it from ur online dealers.

its worth it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

NZXT GAMMA Classic Series BK Steel Midtower

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

for 2200 at prime
Shipping is the Achilles Heel mate, I've given two links from IT Wares and The IT Depot with shipping the cabinet soars to an astronomical figure ~ 3100/-, making me reconsider suggesting this, OP kindly stick to the Cooler Master 690 - II ~ 3900/-, I think that'll be available at Ahemdabad.

^^ Yup. Shipping would be high for cabinets. CM stuffs available locally. Will get the price for 690-II on monday.

and I dont like the design of NZXT GAMMA Classic Series.

^^

No comments on design dislike, I find it different as well as it is a really good trick to improve the airflow of the cabinet, also I find the NZXT Gamma, Tempest EVO better than the direct competition from Cooler Master and other brands in their price brackets.

Plus an off-track question, where do you source your PC peripherals in Ahemdabad / Gandhinagar?

Back