Building Home RIG Stage By Stage : Need Advice

cisco_tech

ex-Mod
Hi
As you guys know that I have sold my old Atom Rig. So right now i am on my old Compaq E500. :eek:hyeah:

Purpose of the Rig : Browsing,Downloading,Watching HD Movies. strictly No Gaming. :bleh:

Things I have currently.
15" LCD Samsung Syncmaster.(Full HD 22" or 24 " in 2nd stage)
Generic cabby. (want to upgrade to something Giant. :eek:hyeah: CM 690. but in 2nd stage)
Gigabyte 400W PSU.(No need to upgrade. it is quite good PSU.)

Things i would like to get ASAP. I have currently 10K in hand. I have decided the following components.

Mobo : Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Proccy : AMD Phenom II 555 BE ( Do I need Phenom ? ):huh:
RAM :Corsair Value Select 2GB DDR3 (4GB would be good).

And Last but not the least. I need to buy 2.1 Speakers. Sis Stole my lovely ATP3. :(
But again this is also in 2nd stage.

Thanx.

Thanx Darkie. I would also like to add above that I am going to Keep this RIG for minimum 3-4 years. So i want to make it little future proof .

cisco_tech said:
Thanx Darkie. I would also like to add above that I am going to Keep this RIG for minimum 3-4 years. So i want to make it little future proof .
If 4 years then go for a tri core AthlonII X3 440 or quad core AthlonII X4 640. It will be much better than opting for the PhenomII X2 555BE.

DarkAngel said:
If 4 years then go for a tri core AthlonII X3 440 or quad core AthlonII X4 640. It will be much better than opting for the PhenomII X2 555BE.
And why is that?

(Err, sorry for noob question)

Is it due to the price or something or performance?

cisco_tech said:
wont GA-880GM-UD2H play 1080P smoothly ?
Darky. Wont it sensible to go for Phenom ? can stretch my budgate litttle bit.
L3 Cache doesnt matter a lot for ur usage. More cores more future proof as almost all apps will use quads efficiently on ~2yrs. I would recommend a quad since it fits your budget.

1080p rips - Yes. With the highest bitrate - then probably no.

You can choose to wait for Llano's if possible (June/July) They have HD5570/HD5670 class integrated graphics :)

OK. I will get the quotes for mobo and CPU. dont know if corsair is available here or not. every time i ask for corsair RAM. dealer always suggest me to go for ZION. :S

^^ I got it, but i said that it's still available in the market. I know that the RMA part sucks, but they must arrange someone to take care of the RMA atleast for next few years? Isn't it? IIRC ABit also did the same when they left the Mobo market.

Got the Stuffs.

dsc00001ka.jpg
[/URL]

Rig is UP and Running. My XP Performance Edition(nlited) is literally flying... :eek:hyeah:

Back