BSNL Bandwith increased?

Officially the 2x speeds ends only at the end of the month (initially it was 26th but I guess they figured that it would be simpler to implement it at the end of the billing cycle). I don't think anyone in bsnl is bothered enough to retract it any sooner unless they actually didn't get the memo.

Waiting for them to get over with this , as i am fed up with the latency and slow browsing speed. download speeds are awesome, but if basic browsing is slow due to high latency that is pathetic.

Aman27deep said:
same region as you, still 2x speeds...

This is what I hate about BSNL. If it were retract from me , it should retract from everyone else but no it won't

Those sarkari babus won't even head to my plea when I tell them that 2x speeds are for the rest of the month whereas I am getting normal speeds

This is completely unfair :( :(

People, download speeds are bad these past 3 days, some times downloads speeds are good, sometimes browsing speeds are good but sometimes the speeds suck :((

Story since last 1 week on an unlimited 256kbps Dataone Connection :

Downloading from....

Rapidshare using IDM @ 4 kbps when lucky.

Torrents @ 8 kbps.

\m/

1800-424-1600 seems to be perpetually out of service.

Yet,being flooded on my cell with 'Dear Customer,your circuit has been restored.'

=))
Very surprised to read some members are still against the privatisation of BSNL.
If nothing else,we'll be spared the agony of dealing with uneducated people who stroll into work when they please and take their jobs for granted.

Recently,while still waiting at 12 pm on a weekday for the BSNL bosses(Senior Divisional Engineer) to show up at...this is what I overheard the juniors discuss..

1.How difficult it's going to get for them with the introduction of swipe cards for attendance.

and

2.How the Broadband head at the exchange often sells off extra modems and pockets the cash himself. :))

Despite repeated complaints in writing both to the local exchange and grievance cell since September last year,the situation still prevails.
BSNL zindabaad! :hap2:

Anubis said:
Download speeds are pathetic now

Download Speeds < 10kbps in torrents and < 4kbps in rapidshare

I am going crazy here. :mad::mad:

It's a temporary problem, will be solved soon. On torrents I am getting 20-40 KB/sec which was 250-320KB/Sec with GPRS (3G network)

Anubis said:
Download speeds are pathetic now

Download Speeds < 10kbps in torrents and < 4kbps in rapidshare

I am going crazy here. :mad::mad:

u better give a call to BSNL .i am sure they will be toooo lazy to correct this:no:

AMDInfected said:
Guys I thing they are back with their crappy speeds :((

yes they are back with the original speeds :(
nomore 2x speeds:(
also server has been offline and online like crazy since last 2 days

M@crosoft said:
u better give a call to BSNL .i am sure they will be toooo lazy to correct this:no:

I called them up to say my download speeds are as low as 5kbps and they said what is that ?

They took my landline no , checked it and said since the pages are opening everything is fine. Its only my illusion

WTF man, I give up :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back