BSNL Bandwith increased?

krishnandu said:
Getting Download speed of 60KB/s (Avg.)

Hey friends, I'm getting download speed of 60KB/s after the bandwidth got doubled. But un-surprisingly pages are loading much slower(I think so), Youtube videos are streaming much slower than before(I'm sure), even musics. Any of you experiencing these problems too?? :(

Yes I am experiencing the same problem. Every BSNL user in Kolkata is facing this issue . Although download speeds are ok , web pages are getting timed out and are taking a very long time to load .

Web pages loading fine now

I'm from Blore and on 256UL.

I too getting around 60 KBps from past 10 days.

For last 2 days it is very slow, but I figured

it might be because of the damaged UAE submarine cable.

hey guys i have the HOME 500 plan & i got 230kBps while downloading good torrents and 40 kBps uploading ....altogether 230+40=270kBps

but now i get 180~190kBps downloading and 40kBps upload

altogether 190+40=230kBps

so i really think that BSNL has played a trick secretly...

anyone else experienced that?

Mine has doubled from 512Kbps connection to 1Mbps.
i hope you all know that this is the part of BSNL Scheme which is valid till the end of April after which our speeds will return back to normal.

M@crosoft said:
hey guys i have the HOME 500 plan & i got 230kBps while downloading good torrents and 40 kBps uploading ....altogether 230+40=270kBps

lol... maybe its the martian spaceship above your house causing interference to the connection.

I am on UL 750 Combo Home plan.

I have take this connection recently. I was getting above 1Mbps for a fortnight or so.

Now I see this since a week:

M@crosoft said:

dude stop downloading right away..unless u wana play a huge sum of money..you are not on a limited 500home plan re..its 2mbps by default..so ofcourse you will get 256kB/s..

Since the past 30 min my BSNL connection has gone crazy.............. i mean crazy Good:hap2::hap2::hap2::hap2: the download speed is around 300 consistent..........

I get Close to 65 or 70 If i am downloading Directly, and if i am downloading from Torrentz my avg Spped is close to 45Kbps...

Back