Brainwavz M4 available at 60% off for $28 (Standard Price is $69.50)

I used PayPal so if they don't deliver i can at least get my money back. People with credit cards can also ask for a chargeback if something goes wrong.

I used PayPal so if they don't deliver i can at least get my money back. People with credit cards can also ask for a chargeback if something goes wrong.
IIRC, Paypal makes escrow guarantees only for Ebay purchases. Anywhere else, its just another payment processor. But if you linked the Paypal transaction with a CC, then as you mentioned, you could ask for chargeback from the CC.

MP4Nation has a decent reputation, so it's not a worry here, but do check up on Paypal TOS.

OT Any idea if B2 will attract customs 110$?

BRAINWAVZ B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphones - PREORDER - BRAINWAVZ

Seems they are giving free Fedex shipping for this.
Interesting price, compensating for the $ appreciation against INR :)

Would Fedex, by default, always pay customs on imports?

When doing air mail, customs is a roulette game for low value items. Sometimes you're charged and sometimes not. I haven't been charged customs so far with air mail.

Usually - yes! I have not received any item through DHL / FedEx / TNT without duty. I have received two items from China (Starsonic HDSS ear phone and iBasso T3) via UPS without any duties - both declared at $15 or so. I don't know about MP4Nation - FedEx though, may be they have a way around it ;)

Does anybody know when this offer is gonna end? I read somewhere that's its gonna end today... can somebody shed some light on this? I was buying m4 online using my axis bank visa debit card but the card got blocked after entering wrong password three times on the vbv page :palm face: . Called up Axis bank CC the representative said that "you would only be able to unblock the card tomorrow" :( ... ****ing axis bank CC... I think I am gonna miss this deal :(

to all those who have made the purchase , have you got the tracking details yet? do they even provide tracking details after shipping the item? and is it marked as a gift by default or you have to ask them specifically to do that !

Does anybody know when this offer is gonna end? I read somewhere that's its gonna end today
Yep, looks like it ends today. No friends, relatives, neighbours, workmates with a CC?

[REVIEW] Brainwavz M4

The $28 is a pretty tempting price. I couldn't resist after all.

to all those who have made the purchase , have you got the tracking details yet? do they even provide tracking details after shipping the item? and is it marked as a gift by default or you have to ask them specifically to do that !
After the order confirmation mail, nothing yet.

From what I remember of getting my PL-50 from MP4Nation in late 2010, the tracking isn't much good either. You can expect it to be stuck at the Indian port of arrival for 1-2 weeks awaiting customs clearance. Whether customs is actually levied is a Russian Roulette.

The last time I had ordered, MP4Nation had themselves under-invoiced the PL-50, without me asking for it. They are very familiar with Indian customers and Customs ;)

Usually - yes! I have not received any item through DHL / FedEx / TNT without duty. I have received two items from China (Starsonic HDSS ear phone and iBasso T3) via UPS without any duties - both declared at $15 or so. I don't know about MP4Nation - FedEx though, may be they have a way around it
123.gif
Just to have an idea, can you please let me know what have you been charged as customs for items around $100? I am a bit tempted here, but excessive customs would kill any joy over the discount on normal price.

Does anybody know when this offer is gonna end? I read somewhere that's its gonna end today... can somebody shed some light on this? I was buying m4 online using my axis bank visa debit card but the card got blocked after entering wrong password three times on the vbv page :palm face: . Called up Axis bank CC the representative said that "you would only be able to unblock the card tomorrow" :( ... ****ing axis bank CC... I think I am gonna miss this deal :(
I think this deal will end on monday(hong kong). Check out their forum (mp4nation.net).

Is this better than the M2 in terms of bass and sound stage?
Well, M2 is bassier in comparison and regarding soundstage, ClieOS and others say that M4 is better and sounds more open.

Well, Its actually what I want. As an M2 user, I found them to be lacking in soundstage, and wanted a better detail in the highs, which is exactly what the M4 brings with itself.

Just to have an idea, can you please let me know what have you been charged as customs for items around $100? I am a bit tempted here, but excessive customs would kill any joy over the discount on normal price.

If I leave out Borderlinx orders for which one usually pre-pays duty and taxes before shipping, the following instances come to mind

• Alessandro MS1i - declared at $40 SGD - TNT - Charged Rs. 1600
  • HD668B - $15 + Gift - EMS (USPS Priority) - Rs. 541
  • uDAC2 upgrade board - $25 - EMS (USPS Priority) - Rs. 846
  • Emotica X-Series cables (4-5, I think) - $50 - EMS (USPS Priority) - Rs. 739

For every package I was charged duty, there would be 10 parcels arriving without duty. That's roughly the ratio.

But, going by my own experience with MP4Nation, you are unlikely to be charged. I bought HM5, which was marked as "USB Drive", declared at $25 and Gift. Shocked at the size of the "USB drive" packing, customs officials opened, inspected, probably even burned in the headphones for 3-4 days. But without any proof of the worth, they decided to send it to me. In my experience, electronic stuff like ICs and PCBs, larger and/or heavier items and courier services generally attract the attention of customs. Closer to important events like Independence and Republic days / Festival times, scrutiny is generally higher due to additional security measures. But, IEMs mostly get through.

Gryph0n thanks . v-shaped frequency response, recessed mids, lacks warmness :annoyed: slightly sibilant :( . wondering if it's a right choice
At $28, its very much VFM. It'll probably beat the life out of other IEMs retailing at same price, which tend to be muddy wrt bass. And if you don't like them after listening to them, you can always put them in the "Sell or Trade" section.

If I leave out Borderlinx orders for which one usually pre-pays duty and taxes before shipping, the following instances come to mind

• Alessandro MS1i - declared at $40 SGD - TNT - Charged Rs. 1600
  • HD668B - $15 + Gift - EMS (USPS Priority) - Rs. 541
  • uDAC2 upgrade board - $25 - EMS (USPS Priority) - Rs. 846
  • Emotica X-Series cables (4-5, I think) - $50 - EMS (USPS Priority) - Rs. 739
Damn, there's no rhyme & reason to the amount charged. Looks pretty arbitrary.

For every package I was charged duty, there would be 10 parcels arriving without duty. That's roughly the ratio.
Pretty reassuring. I'll have to make up my mind regarding the B2 sometime this week. Given that DBA-02 are rare, the B2 look like a decent alternative.

But, going by my own experience with MP4Nation, you are unlikely to be charged. I bought HM5, which was marked as "USB Drive", declared at $25 and Gift. Shocked at the size of the "USB drive" packing, customs officials opened, inspected, probably even burned in the headphones for 3-4 days.
He he. Indeed, the size of that "USB Drive" must have left them wondering.

Bought 3 of them. Lets see how they turn out to be. Wanted to order more but my friend is refusing to bring more :\

At their price, they are a steal!
I'm guessing a score of around 7.5 when joker decides to review them :p , since the brainwavz line is doing good.

Guys how is fedex courier? I am looking to import this iem using fedex courier service... and i wanted to know how much time would fedex take to deliver the iem... plus I had one more query that how much duty would custom people charge on this 28 dollar iem?

Back