Biscuits/ Cookies Recommendations

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
Hello Folks,

Bit of an oddball question really but I keep hearing about Karachi Bakery Biscuits and how much people seem to love them. I've never had any of their biscuits so good people here who have tried them please do share your opinion on how they are and if they taste as good as the online reviews state.

Also, do feel free to recommend other brands for cookies that are worth trying.

I generally stick to Britannia Marie Gold biscuits (have been eating these from childhood years!) and Bisk Farm Sugar Free Cream Crackers. I do occasionally eat Parle Hide & Seek, Cadbury's chocolate cookies and Dark Fantasy Choco Fills.

I know it's an odd topic but hey it's the General Talk section and eating a tasty cookie sometimes can make your day! :)

Reactions: ?dOuBtFiRe?

roadrash99

Disciple
Sep 27, 2023
I generally stick to Britannia Marie Gold biscuits (have been eating these from childhood years!) and Bisk Farm Sugar Free Cream Crackers. I do occasionally eat Parle Hide & Seek, Cadbury's chocolate cookies and Dark Fantasy Choco Fills.
Same, but I think the best chocolate chip cookies are Parle Milano. Would love to know if there are any better than those.

Reactions: Bhasam pakoda

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
Not easily available everywhere but if you love chocolate, you ought to try "Chips Ahoy" cookies (chocolate flavour).

Oh YES... I love Chips Ahoy! But I can only have them when I'm traveling to the US and staying there. Here they aren't available I think. Haven't seen them being sold locally, in malls or online.
Same, but I think the best chocolate chip cookies are Parle Milano. Would love to know if there are any better than those.

You are correct. I have tried Parle Hide & Seek Milano too (haven't eaten the Cadbury ones... I got confused between the two!). Milano is definitely delightfully tasty. Very hard to just restrict yourself to a couple of them!

Last edited:

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Mar 24, 2005
51nD m3!
www.techenclave.com
Hello Folks,

Bit of an oddball question really but I keep hearing about Karachi Bakery Biscuits and how much people seem to love them.
I can vouch for Karachi Bakery Biscuits, nice taste.
and Bisk Farm Sugar Free Cream Crackers. I do occasionally eat Parle Hide & Seek, Cadbury's chocolate cookies and Dark Fantasy Choco Fills.
I only got to taste Biskfarm at my native town near Nagpur and been years now there's no sign of this brand owing to the biscuits not been liked by the locals..wtf! Their nice type sugar biscuits, few cream biscuits, their crisp marie etc. are my memories.
Its a Kolkata based brand but sadly nowhere to be seen in MH.

Aug 24, 2005
Chips Ahoy or similar can be found in imported shops.

The best cookies I have ever had, bar none, are Pepperidge Farm, and I have had a lot of cookies. I don't like their Goldfish brand though. However their regular cookies are awesome. I'll note here some of their stuff is "GMO". Some of it may contain egg etc. I don't remember. All that said, one bite and your hooked.

ibose

Skilled
Jun 20, 2009
What's with all the impoted stuff .. enjoy the desi and original biscoot -
1000014685.jpg

?dOuBtFiRe?

Adept
Aug 11, 2008
Britannia -
I used to luv Britannia Bourbon, but off late taste has gone down. Same for Brittania Nice biscuits.
Sadly their OG flavour is now replaced by offers.
Britannia hearts - now hearts are broken. Moved on.
Karachi Bakery
Karachi Bakery biscuits - I first had them when on a trip to Hyd in early 2000's, a collegue suggested to pick up. Luv their Cashew biskis. Now regulary buying through online once every 3 months.
Sunfeast
Sunfeast Dark fantasy and Farmlite Oats and Almond - Love their individual/ pair packing and it makes an easy snack for short trips and even to office. Another regular purchase
True Custard Cream biscuits elachi flavor is absolute best - nowadays I am unable to locate them

Their are others but not noteworthy.

I prefer Butter biscuits, Soup sticks with jeera/ Omam, Nanakhattan, Diamond Biscuits from local bakery shops. The flavour when they are freshly baked is heaven. The taste, smell lingers in your brain just by thinking of them. Though competition, costs have gone up they seldom let their quality down.

I passed on the mantle of Parle-G/ Tiger to my local four legged tail wags and also ones in my home. They like it so much that they wait for every biscuit trip. They like them a lot instead of marie. Recently had an incident of a crow snatching a small 50-50 biscuit packet from the house and dropping it on the ground and soon a 'murder' of crows landed on them and they were all gone in seconds.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Black_Hawk

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
My favorite were chocolate chip cookies by pepperidge farm. Imports from the US. Used to be available until some years ago at some gourmet stores and then vanished along with a lot of other foreign foods. Characteristic white packet
Try these if you can
The best cookies I have ever had, bar none, are Pepperidge Farm, and I have had a lot of cookies.
Hah! Now this is a man of culture :D
I prefer Butter biscuits, Soup sticks with jeera/ Omam, Nanakhattan, Diamond Biscuits from local bakery shops. The flavour when they are freshly baked is heaven. The taste, smell lingers in your brain just by thinking of them. Though competition, costs have gone up they seldom let their quality down.
Nothing will ever beat freshly baked. But then you're limited to that baker in that part of town and you hope his kids will take up the profession :grumpy:

Attachments

• FarmhouseCookies.jpg
    FarmhouseCookies.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: ?dOuBtFiRe?

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow
What's with all the impoted stuff .. enjoy the desi and original biscoot -
View attachment 196681
Every week a full box of these are consumes, My brother started feeding stray dogs during lockdown and now there are around 20 dogs at my door in the morning The second and third gang can't cross the territory so they wait on the boundary lines else we will see a war in 3 groups :D

sauravghosh

Adept
Jul 18, 2017
Kolkata
Unibic coconut cookie was ending my life. Even the other ones are tasty AF like the cashew and raisin ones. The chocolate one is garbage, has the same awful smell brtiannia bourbon gives nowadays. Anyway, too much sugar in the unibic cookies. On bourbon, the only acceptable one is parle black bourbon for me. Rest all else gives off that weird and awful smell.
With chai, I just can't help but a marie gold. Dunk and eat. Yeah. Don't care what others think. For mum, I buy the nutri choice digestive fibre one. Like them, but too dry sometimes.

Is there any biscuit which is not made with maida though? Any Atta made biscuits available in India?