CPU/Mobo Best Intel Processor and motherboard(any company) under 10k.

Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 ~6.5k
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H61 ~3k
If you are planning to play on onboard gfx , then i'd suggest u to take a look at amd's apus. !

comp@ddict said:
Has 320 Radeon Cores. Enjoy something near HD5670 level graphics performance (lesser)

The HD5670 has 400 shaders. Its the HD4670 that has 320 shaders. Also the APU's GFX is clocked much lower than the HD4670. But still for that money its a pretty decent bet.

DarkAngel said:
The HD5670 has 400 shaders. Its the HD4670 that has 320 shaders. Also the APU's GFX is clocked much lower than the HD4670. But still for that money its a pretty decent bet.

Well I was gonna write HD5670 but then recalled the APU as being DX11 compliant, didn't want to draw any confusion so changed it to HD5670(lesser)

Ok guys way too much information!! :huh:. First of all, how good is a llano setup because ive heard a lot of people hating on amd cpu's because they take up a lot of electricity and they get heated up pretty fast and blah blah. And how good is the graphics on the llano A6-3500? HD6530d? How good is it? And I'll be playing a lot of games and I'd be happy if I got decent eyecandy with awesome performance. And are there any better apu's?
Thanks.

AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz 4MB L2 Cache Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU AD3850WNGXBOX

The a8 3850 is ~ 20% faster according to anandtech

And about the rumors, its bullshit. AMD have improved a lot in the cpu/gpu sector..these apus are very efficient. As for the gaming performance, you can search for benchmarks by users who have already owned an a8 3850. The best part about apus are that we can add in another discrete level ( up to HD6670) graphics card in crossfire mode with the onboard one. The scaling is pretty good imo.!

amithkallupalam said:
Ok guys way too much information!! :huh:. First of all, how good is a llano setup because ive heard a lot of people hating on amd cpu's because they take up a lot of electricity and they get heated up pretty fast and blah blah. And how good is the graphics on the llano A6-3500? HD6530d? How good is it? And I'll be playing a lot of games and I'd be happy if I got decent eyecandy with awesome performance. And are there any better apu's?

Thanks.

Don't worry. A6 or A8 is very good entry level processor & their 'graphics quality' is good enough to run a little bit old games at medium settings & you will get descent FPS.)

Ok ill get the Llano processor seems pretty good. And they should work with the above mentioned mobos right? And then in the future i can add a better gpu right? Whats the real price of the AMD A8-3850?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

How good is the AMD Radeon HD 6550D?

THe HD6550D is good enuf for gaming @ 1366x768 resolution.

You can add a HD6670 to it and ome games show MASSIVE improvement in performance.

THe A8-3850 is good, if you can find the A8-3800(65W) it's the best deal IMO.

llano is really sucky... gpu performance is close to HD5570 not HD5670... HD 5570 delivers fps nearly half of 5670.... also GPU clocks speeds are low....

OP shud go for i3 + Asus/Gigabyte H61 as suggested in first post....
if OP wants to go for a GPU within 10K then

Pentium G850 + H61 + Sapphire HD 5670 512MB = ~10k

P.S. G850 is a good CPU tomshardware recommends it at its price point... Enjoy! :)

Ok so llano is bad now? But dude the processor is really cool and if I want, I can add a new graphics card in the future. My total budget for the new pc is 20k. The processor and motherboard alone costs 12k. And then the monitor costs 6k along with the psu and the ram. So Im really tight right now. I just need to know how the a8-3850's cpu/processor compares to the i3-2100's.

BTW, @Lionking, How good is the pentium g850 compared to the a8-3850 computing wise?

Also how much does a HD4850 cost and is it good?

Ok so llano is bad now?

Yup.

But dude the processor is really cool and if I want, I can add a new graphics card in the future.

processor is really cool?? how??? Yes, u can add a gpu in future... but there is a huge BUT ....

1. if u go for a hybrid CFX solution with A8 3850 + HD6670 = The performance you get is only very slightly above the performance of HD6670(about 5fps more) in some games which does not justify paying 8k for that quad core cpu. Also, this higher performance of about 5 fps is only in some games, in other games the CFX scaling is so bad that there actually is a drop in performance vs an HD6670. Which makes you think that even if u have a 6670 would you want to go for Hybrid CFX?? Anyways this whole concept is PHAIL of Hybrid CFX in llano based system coz of bad bad scaling.

2. If you are going for a gpu solution that is discrete... then why would you buy llano for 8k when a core i3 2100 just crushes llano in ALLL gaming benchmarks at a lesser price with a discrete GPU......

My total budget for the new pc is 20k. The processor and motherboard alone costs 12k. And then the monitor costs 6k along with the psu and the ram. So Im really tight right now.

forget any reasonable gaming machine(25+fps machine @ 720p without AA/AF) in this budget. - Including llano A8-3850

I just need to know how the a8-3850's cpu/processor compares to the i3-2100's.

Llano doesn't compare with i3 2100. i3 2100 is classified higher in comparison to llano while using a discrete GPU.

Toms - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-overclocking,3077-2.html

Info about i3 is on next page. Llano A8 is NO WHERE to be seen in this gaming cpu guide....

BTW, @Lionking, How good is the pentium g850 compared to the a8-3850 computing wise?

depends on ur workloads, its better than a8-3850 in dual threaded apps, while it lags behind a little bit in quad threaded.

its good, but it is old model and not available now - HD 5750/6750/5770/6770 are more or less comparable to HD4850.

amithkallupalam said:
Ok so llano is bad now? But dude the processor is really cool and if I want, I can add a new graphics card in the future. My total budget for the new pc is 20k. The processor and motherboard alone costs 12k. And then the monitor costs 6k along with the psu and the ram. So Im really tight right now. I just need to know how the a8-3850's cpu/processor compares to the i3-2100's.

Llano is not as bad as the idiot who posted it thinks it is. Llano is a good all in one solution for CPU+GPU instead of buying both separately. If you need more info on this, just google for AMD Llano reviews.

But, if you do plan to invest more money on a powerful (6850 equivalent) discrete GPU in the future, then Llano is not the correct choice for you. Don't even bother to go for a Pentium, go for an i3 directly. Most of the future apps and games are/will be multithreaded. Plus, with the i3, you get access to more useful IGP stuff like QS. Also, what is the differance in price, ~ 1000 bucks? Get the i3.

Now, as far as the concept of Hybrid CrossfireX, while being launched, it had a few bugs. Now, as of now, we do not know if these have been ironed out or not, but AFAIK, AMD has made the Athlon and Phenom lines EOL. So we can expect improvements in the Llano builds and the CrossfireX bug to be removed.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK, now on the CPU front, the 3850 falls behind the i3. But in the IGP, it shines.

As far as the 4850 is concerned, skip it. Go for a 6670/5670 1GB. Dont bother waiting for the 7 series, they are going to be rebrands, AFAIK. But I believe, with a die shrink.

^^ The AMD A8-38** is the best deal you can go for Sire, don't get confused.

The overall TDP ~ 100W [CPU + GPU] is efficient for a quad-core processor + GPU [with ~HD 5570 performance]. Sure it is not going to take down the Intel Core i3 in direct CPU-centric tasks, on some cases like CineBench you'll get a skewed result due to AMD's native quad-core design vs. Intel Hyper-threaded cores.

In gaming the situation is reversed as you said, you will not game at the maximum setting OR for that matter all the upcoming titles, but expect most games to run smoothly at low setting AND / OR the system should be able to handle all upcoming releases [please clarify on this note].

The AMD APU can run most of the current generation titles at full HD + low settings [you throw in 1600 MHz RAM and the performance jumps considerably], the same cannot be said about the Intel CPU, which with a discrete graphics sub-system will outpace the AMD APU but on the current level [intergrated graphics] AMD APU rules the roost.

Here are some relevant links, which will help in making your mind whether the APU is for you OR not -- Conclusion : AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano Rocks Entry-Level Desktops --
If you're building an entry level gaming PC and have to rely solely on integrated graphics, it's clear that Llano is the only solution on the market today. You easily get 2x the frame rates of Intel's Core i3-2105 and can use that extra headroom to increase resolution, quality or sometimes both. The performance advantage is just one aspect of what Llano offers in this department. You do also get better overall game compatibility, DX11 and GPU compute support although the latter is still missing that killer app.
Conclusion : AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano Rocks Entry-Level Desktops --
Strip Core i3 from the add-in graphics component that makes it shine and you’re left with HD Graphics 3000. While significantly faster than HD Graphics 2000, Intel’s best integrated effort can’t even come close to the engine built into AMD’s A8-3850. When you consider the LGA 1155- and FM1-based packages on their own merits, the Llano architecture makes a lot more sense. This is a simple matter of cost and balance.

We’re huge proponents of balance. You put the right processor with the right graphics card and the right memory. When you find the sweet spot for any given budget, you get the best all-around performance. That’s the entire premise underlying Paul Henningsen’s Building A Balanced Gaming PC series. Intel and AMD each made judgment calls when they were designing their respective next-gen products. Intel put most of its focus on very powerful execution cores. As such, its dual-core part is often able to beat AMD’s quad-core implementation. But AMD sunk more resources into on-die graphics able to complement the mainstream cores.

AMD A6-3650 Llano APU Review --

Having been very impressed with the Radeon HD 6550D in the A8-3850, we were anxious to see how well the slightly neutered Radeon HD 6350D IGP would run our gaming benchmarks. Surprisingly, despite the 25% reduction in shader cores and 35% decrease in the GPU clock, overall gaming performance was not impacted too greatly. Frame rates were obviously down across the board but they were still significantly higher than what the Core i3-2120 and its HD Graphics 2000 were able to achieve. There were a few cases where the Core i5-2500K and Core i7-2600K posted better frame rates than the A6-3650, but this was arguably less due to their higher-end HD Graphics 3000 and more due to their overwhelming CPU performance advantage. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to compare the A6-3650 to the $140 Core i3-2105, which is the only 'regular' Sandy Brdige desktop chip to feature the HD Graphics 3000 IGP.

Hope this helps, Sire.

Hey guys. Thanks for all your help. Im leaning a lot towards the a8-3850 right now and its a really cheap solution but compared to the i3 2100's overall performance, a8-3850 is nothing. So will it be enough to handle applications and everything? Or should I try to increase my budget and get the i3 and a 6670? Or will the llano be enough?

amithkallupalam said:
Hey guys. Thanks for all your help. Im leaning a lot towards the a8-3850 right now and its a really cheap solution but compared to the i3 2100's overall performance, a8-3850 is nothing. So will it be enough to handle applications and everything? Or should I try to increase my budget and get the i3 and a 6670? Or will the llano be enough?

See, if you can increase your budget to accomdate an i3 + GPU, nothing like it. But if you cant, then the A8 is a good VFM proposition.

Also, some newer models have been release, I believe. Check them out too.

Back