CPU/Mobo Best Intel Processor and motherboard(any company) under 10k.

If all you do is general stuff like MS Office etc, I doubt you would notice the difference. IF you run specific apps like Photoshop, there is a slight gap, but its not wide enough.

No offense, but you have given in sufficient information. Post your requirements, this will help.

mrcool63 said:
as of now 5770 can be got for around 6k..6770 for around 6.8k...

seriously@lionking many people do not prefer tomshardware.. it is biased and partial towards some companies.. it gave coolermaster psus a thumbs up when jonnyguru screwed it left and right.. anandtech was biased severely towards amd in the recent past.. so much so that many scolded him for that.. read some review comments and you will see..

dont go about eulogizing intel.. amd has its place.. the i3 2100 requires a seperate gpu.. the llano has an awesome inbuilt gpu that intel has not even been able to 70 percent emulate!! h61 severely loses many features.. usb 3.0, very little sata ports and no sata 6gb .. no turbo or oc.. and for the same price a llano.. add a 5770 to that and you will have even better gaming capability than a 2100..

for budget gaming rigs llano is better than a 2100..

I HAVE MENTIONED ABOVE THAT A8 HAS A BETTER IGP.

@llano + 5770 is better than i3 2100 + 5770 - U couldn't be more wrong bro. Llano's strength is the IGP.

@CM PSU - In short - +1 for CM PSUs from me too, a GX750 helped me reach 6+ GHz on PII twice on 790FXTA UD5/M4A89GTD PRO.

@eulogizing Intel - Sorry bro, hardcore AMD fan here!! :) I USE AMD / SELL AMD / LIVE AMD!! :) [Also, Mr. Meyer Rules!!! - I dearly miss him. - It'll be a year in 11 days time but his absence @ AMD still hurts as much as it did on day 1!! :(]

As far as questioning reliability of Tomshardware or Anandtech goes - Sorry, I don't agree with you.

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
I HAVE MENTIONED ABOVE THAT A8 HAS A BETTER IGP.

@llano + 5770 is better than i3 2100 + 5770 - U couldn't be more wrong bro. Llano's strength is the IGP.

@CM PSU - In short - +1 for CM PSUs from me too, a GX750 helped me reach 6+ GHz on PII twice on 790FXTA UD5/M4A89GTD PRO.

@eulogizing Intel - Sorry bro, hardcore AMD fan here!! :) I USE AMD / SELL AMD / LIVE AMD!! :) [Also, Mr. Meyer Rules!!! - I dearly miss him. - It'll be a year in 11 days time but his absence @ AMD still hurts as much as it did on day 1!! :(]

As far as questioning reliability of Tomshardware or Anandtech goes - Sorry, I don't agree with you.

Actually, both TH and AT were strongly biased. On the older articles, if you read a bit more carefully, between the lines, you will notice that. As of now, its not present. So, take it with a pinch of salt.

Now, CM PSU's are not really that good. I dont own one myself, but some of my friends have. The CM ones were just as good as my VIP, but not as good as Corsair/Seasonic.

amithkallupalam said:
Yeah you guys definitely made me :S :D.. Anyway. i heard that the i3 2120 costs te same as the 2100 and it has a higher clock speed. So I decided to get it.

Final Config

////-----\\\\

Intel i3 2120 @ 3.30 ghz ~ 6200

Asus P8H61-M Plus ~ 3400

HD 5770

G.Skill RipJaws 4GB 1600 MHZ ~ 1900

FSP Saga II 400w ~ 1900 (Would that be enough?)

And guys can you please tell me howmuch the hd5770 costs?

Thanks.

If your gonna get a dedicated card like the 5770 i would blindly go for the Intel i3,i just checked out reviews of this processor its performance is outstanding with a dedicated gpu,it even beats high end x6 in games but not in raw power.

Ok Ill be using it for browsing, video converting, might rarely use photoshop, vegas pro.... hm.... and then gaming...
And btw i thought the llano only supported gfx till 6670.. Can you guys suggest a good motherboard with an h67 chipset for the i3?

amithkallupalam said:
Ok Ill be using it for browsing, video converting, might rarely use photoshop, vegas pro.... hm.... and then gaming...

And btw i thought the llano only supported gfx till 6670.. Can you guys suggest a good motherboard with an h67 chipset for the i3?

Video Converting, you say? OR do you mean transcoding? Either way, go with Intel. The QS feature is awesome, a similar feature will be there in the 7xxx series GPU's from AMD, and by extension, Piledriver APU's (not sure!).

As for the Intel mobo, go with Intel DH67BL.

when you use it for vegas pro and video converting more cores the better.. i3 2100 is a dual core with hyper threading.. when you stress all cores it will start lagging behind the real 4 core 955 or 965.. check the x264 and premiere scores..you will see that 955 trumps 2100..

Core i3-2120 and Core i3-2100 Processors Review. Page 7 - X-bit labs

for gaming the 955 offers sli/crossfirex support and the cpu-proccy combo is also cheaper which the h61 does not. also usb 3.0 which h61 does not have..

Ok please guys can you finally, FINALLY, post my final config? It was the llano then it was the 2100 then it was the llano and now its the Phenom! I appreciate your help a lot but this is toomuch info! Final Configuration, please.

You should list your usage priorities clearly from the start. Gaming and video conversion exploit hardware differently.

Assuming you're doing quality video conversion/trans-coding, you will be using the CPU alone and not using Intel QuickSync.

In that case, more cores = better.

A6 3650 ~ 6.7k

MSI A75MA-G55 ~ 5.6k

Total ~ 12.3k

Assuming you're just doing video conversion for fun and don't mind the trade-off in quality and your app is supported by QuickSync

i3 2100/2120 ~ 6.7k

MSI H67MA-E35/Intel DH67BL ~ 4.8k/5.5k

Total ~ 11.5k/12.2k

Obviously, the first setup will be better at gaming (without a dedicated GPU).

For the PSU, get the CX430 V2 ~ 2.1k. Will be better than the FSP.

I'm not sure how you're going to fit all of this into your 20k budget though, considering hard disk prices, etc.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mrcool63 said:
for gaming the 955 offers sli/crossfirex support and the cpu-proccy combo is also cheaper which the h61 does not. also usb 3.0 which h61 does not have..

Intels support SLI/Crossfire too. Just a matter of getting the right board. Obviously someone with a tight budget isn't looking at SLI/Crossfire.

The cheapest USB3 board for AMDs starts at 4.6k. You can get a H67 board with USB 3.0 for around the same.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vivek.krishnan said:
The QS feature is awesome, a similar feature will be there in the 7xxx series GPU's from AMD, and by extension, Piledriver APU's (not sure!).

AVIVO Video converter, ATI stream.. already been done since the 4xxx series.

I already have a Caviar Blue 500gb HDD , 7200rpm and 6gb/s transfer rate. Decided to go with intel and increased whole computer budget to 30k.

Mother Board - Intel DH67BL (5200)

Processor - Intel Core i3 2100/2120 - (6200)

Monitor - Dell IN2030M (6500)

Graphics Card - HD5770(6200) OR HD5670(5000)

Memory Card - G.Skill RipJaws 4GB 1600MHZ (1900)

Power Supply Unit - Corsair CX430 V2 430 watts (2100)

Ill have a little money for a new keyboard. I guess that's it.

Is Sandy Bridge Celeron available in India?

I had a very hard time getting hold of Pentium G620 ...

(I hope ppl don't consider this irrelevant to thread = processor and motherboard under 10K)

^^ #ssslayer, haven't seen it in Bangalore OR Delhi, although the Pentium G series processors are fairly widespread and available on most online sites and at retailers.

But you are a little late OP has locked onto the Core i3 2100 because he wants to play games.

#ssslayer, G620 is available - at least at Lamington Road. I enquired about it a few days ago at a couple of places. Prime ABGB has it, and so do some other retailers at Lammy. I plan to buy G620's myself sometime soon.

Back