Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooting is not required i guess. Install ADB with its own drivers (have to select check box separately at the bottom of the list) or if it didnt work, u can ask windows to find drivers if your device is not detected while rooting and giving adb commands.

I normally unlock bootloader (not required for this phone), root and start using any android device thereafter.

Where are u facing problem? In 2G phone shows 'E' as network symbol and in 3G it shows 4G as symbol. Your phone seems to switching signal randomly which is not a problem either. As long as u can switch it manually, its fine.

I asked about rooting because i did not see the option "use only 2g" in network settings after installing widgetsoid & 2g/3g toggle as shown in this screenshot from that desidime thread , maybe its only available in ICS, I am still using gingerbread

fGP6e.png

Also i want to use usb tethering which needs rooting , I installed clockworkmod tether noroot app but that also needs pantech drivers to work
[h=3][/h]

- - - Updated - - -

Sir, for your information I have not rooted, but it working is working, not upto the mark.

Stop calling me sir :p , you are on GB or ICS ?

I am still noob to do the root. Can you send me link did u follow to root?? its the same at the first page of this thread?

Just follow the steps suggested by CrackUC.

Remember rooting doesn't do ANY damage - No wiping of data is required, no chance of bricking your phone (unless you are installing a custom ROM which is not a part of the tutorial).

Just follow the steps suggested by CrackUC.

Remember rooting doesn't do ANY damage - No wiping of data is required, no chance of bricking your phone (unless you are installing a custom ROM which is not a part of the tutorial).

Thanks Brendon.. i will definitely try it today :)..

4.2 camera not working :/ I flashed the zip still stock camera comming . Gallery working fine but going back as photo editing editing tools are somehow required :p Anyone has working camera 4.2 please let me know :D

EDIT : EVERYTHING Working fine :D

Is it with everyone in india ? GPS fails to find any satellite ? I think its problem in my region or its problem with gps.confg file . Might be it doesn't have any server's for our country . :/ Just wanted to confirm before flashing . Don't want to loose 10% battery on restart :'(

I wrote this TUT . Very simple to understand ..

[Root]Pantech burst - GizmoLord Forum

And if you face some drivers issue than see this ..

How to Make your pantech Burst recognizable - GizmoLord Forum

- - - Updated - - -

Finally removed Those At&T apps :D

Sir, With you above guide i am able to root.
1. Is it necessary to install CW Recovery ?
2. Using Titanium Backup Root can i backup all apps and later restore with Titanium Backup ?
3. If i reset to Factory Default, Is all Application will be restored ? Is I re-root again ?

Because, U want to remove AT&T Apps.

Sir, With you above guide i am able to root.
1. Is it necessary to install CW Recovery ?
2. Using Titanium Backup Root can i backup all apps and later restore with Titanium Backup ?
3. If i reset to Factory Default, Is all Application will be restored ? Is I re-root again ?

1. Its not necessary to root even why to install CWM :D The thing is need for it . If you want Custom roms and all yes you need to install . And why to think much its just 2 lines of code and its there :D

2. Make a Nan-droid backup from CWM and you'll have the complete backup of phone including partitions also . And about titanium Yes you'll be able to restore apps .

3. If you factory default it all apps will get wiped out i think . And no you'll still be rooted .
'U want to remove ' ? I already removed . And to remove those Follow the TUt there . Just don't remove At&T native sync app .

finally upgraded to ICS with Dave's deodex rom. thing is it already had cwm 6.0.x and super user installed in it. upgrade went without a hassle thanks to kuduku's posts. One annoying thing i noticed in ics is the front buttons lag a lot compared to while using them in GB. they sometimes dont register a response even if i tap/touch twice sometimes. in gb the buttons were extremely responsive. battery seems to be getting eaten faster in this even with power saver always on. gb was definitely much better than ics imo.

finally upgraded to ICS with Dave's deodex rom. thing is it already had cwm 6.0.x and super user installed in it. upgrade went without a hassle thanks to kuduku's posts. One annoying thing i noticed in ics is the front buttons lag a lot compared to while using them in GB. they sometimes dont register a response even if i tap/touch twice sometimes. in gb the buttons were extremely responsive. battery seems to be getting eaten faster in this even with power saver always on. gb was definitely much better than ics imo.
Use a while 2-3 days and than go back to GB . YOu'll realize the difference well :D . ICS for me is 110% better than Gb . Actually the after using ICS , GB seems inferior version as looks are damm better in ICs over GB .

The trick is to press it correctly . Use your index finger with equal pressure from all sides and it will register . I am also on Daves Rom and the delay has vanished once you get used to pressing it correctly .
Battery in ICS is bad ...

The trick is to press it correctly . Use your index finger with equal pressure from all sides and it will register . I am also on Daves Rom and the delay has vanished once you get used to pressing it correctly .
Battery in ICS is bad ...
how long your battery lasts ? Mine never lasted more than a day . Actually I'm not much happy with the device as dev support is kinda 0 and it pains to use stock and stock modified roms . There's no AOSP Roms available . I tried to learn but things are harder when it comes to AOSP roms . I'll surely present a Stock based Rom soon . Just my exams finishes :D I'll start making .

it (buttons) was feather touch in GB. i'll try your method. need to get used to the delay. ics is faster than gb. has too many cached processes in bg though.

i'm not going back to gb, since ics is better in some aspects. like option to disable even system apps, etc. does it have file explorer installed in it by default? i see an es file explorer in apps. probably dave put it. i heard the weather widget uses too much battery for some people. i dont use it. so have no idea how much it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back