Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the latest CM 10 and slimbean.

the aokp and paranoid s are apparently not such battery hogs like CM10 or slimbean.

but slimbean is fast as anything of those roms.

performance on slimbean is topnotch.
for links to slimbean and kernel check them here http://marduk191.blogspot.in/2013/05/pantech-burstp9070presto-slimbean-rom_22.html[DOUBLEPOST=1372402407][/DOUBLEPOST]used slimbean for half a day.

battery hog is a major concern for slimbean.

whilst charging my battery charge went down from 7 % to 0 % switched off and could complete its charge only when switched off.

back to CM 10. backup

will revert back to aokp for better battery.

Guys, I am a newbie when it comes to rotting and custom roms. But finally after a lot of deliberation, today I rooted my pantech burst.

BUT, what next? What do I do now? I dont think I am ready for custom roms yet as I cannot afford to spend a lot of time on tinkering and experimenting with them.

@Superbad, did u try release 6 as well of slimbean rom? Its mentioned battery drain issue is fixed in it.

I was assuming slim bean team were working on 4.2.2 for pantech. Disappointed to see 4.1.2 again. But anyway if it works fine, better than nothing :). I have settled for aokp rom for a long time now but still have problem with compass and tethering.

@cyclops13, what would one do other than playing with roms? Play with the phone, apps, games :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Superbad, did u try release 6 as well of slimbean rom? Its mentioned battery drain issue is fixed in it.

I was assuming slim bean team were working on 4.2.2 for pantech. Disappointed to see 4.1.2 again. But anyway if it works fine, better than nothing :). I have settled for aokp rom for a long time now but still have problem with compass and tethering.

@cyclops13, what would one do other than playing with roms? Play with the phone, apps, games :D.

i checked out the reason for battery drain , it was to do with the second core running at full clock speed at idle
it was as shown in CPU-z. some have not observed the same thing as me.

maybe the sequence of the new kernel patch was not done properly by me.

i will wait for the release 6 to switch back to slimbean

Last edited by a moderator:
Slim bean 3.1.0 r6 was released last time i posted only. Have installed it. Shall update after couple of days of usage.

Compass is working fine though. And high dpi is giving lot more content on screen. Feels like using high resolution screen.

i tried with slim bean r 6. it was stable and did not find any core running needlessly.

somehow not getting satisfactory battery talktime with it.

so reverted back to cm 10.

Okay. So I cannot resist myself anymore and after rooting the burst I now want to proceed further with a custom rom.

Guys please direct or post simple step by step process of installing a custom rom and the best and most stable one available for the burst as of now. I dont want to lose any functionality.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back