Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally rooted my phone after so much fuss. Was getting an issue of 'wait for device' after trying fastboot. Had to allow Windows to download the appropriate drivers from the net in order to continue.

Felt like such a noob while doing it since I haven't modded any of my earlier phones. :p

The phone vibrates too much . Even the vibration sound can be heard also . Is there any app/tweak available to decrease the phone's vibrator strength ?

Finally rooted my phone after so much fuss. Was getting an issue of 'wait for device' after trying fastboot. Had to allow Windows to download the appropriate drivers from the net in order to continue.

Felt like such a noob while doing it since I haven't modded any of my earlier phones. :p

I am still noob to do the root. Can you send me link did u follow to root?? its the same at the first page of this thread?

only problem for which i am pulling hair for this phone is sound level. Tried volume+ app, poweramp, inbuilt music player....... nothing helped. Anyone faced and solved this problem? I am not able to listen to audio books on cell. I am on rooted ICS.

The Below link is working with ICS for switching 2g/3g.
[Live]Toggle 2G/3G on Pantech Burst - Step by Step guide with Screenshot - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

Just only by Network Settings Button,
For 3g to 2G
select "Use Only 2G networks[Saves Battery]" and search to 2G Network
For 2G to 3G
Unselect "Use Only 2G networks[Saves Battery]" and search to 3G Network

Requested Pantech User to try & Create a Thread with little more details.
I'll surely try it after my test.

- - - Updated - - -

I have my data plan of 2G activated and thats why i can't activate 3G than my 2G plan will be deactivated :( But after some fingering i saw the 4G icon in screen notifications from E icon means that thingy worked ?

- - - Updated - - -

If the change is icon in the top notification chages ? Than yes it does change the network I don't have any 3G plan with me so I can't test speed . :p

For me I tested all . Yes it does change the network and one strange thing is this that in 2G i get slow speed while doesn't even activating 3G from widgetsoid it does increase the speed of net somehow . I tested on speed test It does increase .

Rooting is not required i guess. Install ADB with its own drivers (have to select check box separately at the bottom of the list) or if it didnt work, u can ask windows to find drivers if your device is not detected while rooting and giving adb commands.

I normally unlock bootloader (not required for this phone), root and start using any android device thereafter.

Where are u facing problem? In 2G phone shows 'E' as network symbol and in 3G it shows 4G as symbol. Your phone seems to switching signal randomly which is not a problem either. As long as u can switch it manually, its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back