Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon

Skilled
Mar 21, 2005
I am surprised about the battery life. On 3G battery life sucks bad. Barely 8 - 10 hours with even minimal usage. On 2G however even with moderate usage with a decent amount of gaming it easily lasts the whole day unless I am roaming.

Would suggest a new battery. Having 2 batteries is always a good thing to have anyways. :)

ronnie29

Disciple
Jan 15, 2013
Hi Guys. I am new to android rooting and upgradation... I got pantech burst on gingerbread 2.3.5 and got it upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 (stock from pantech)
But I need custom one as it consumes less battery and smoother than stock one... I have a question before I go to rooting and upgrading..
Do I need to backup my device before proceeding with rooting for being on safer side...
And if YES, which app/tool should I use..???

Awaiting replys... :)

subham

Grey matters here
Adept
Aug 20, 2012
Patna
IMG_2301.JPG
Everything was running fine when suddenly my data connection went away i waited a lot for my connection to come back but nothing happened so i finally i rebooted my phone but after reboot i am getting this message :( i am shocked after seing this! i get encryption failure in my burst and nothing is accesible it just says to reset the phone but if i do that i will lose every data on my internal memory which will be very unacceptable for me, plz help guys i dunno what i should do!

Brendon

Skilled
Mar 21, 2005
Hi Guys. I am new to android rooting and upgradation... I got pantech burst on gingerbread 2.3.5 and got it upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 (stock from pantech)
But I need custom one as it consumes less battery and smoother than stock one... I have a question before I go to rooting and upgrading..
Do I need to backup my device before proceeding with rooting for being on safer side...
And if YES, which app/tool should I use..???

Awaiting replys... :)

Taking a backup is always recommended but for rooting you won't lose any data. However for installing a custom rom then you will lose data so a backup in mandatory in that case.

The Pantech Burst PC Suite itself can take a backup.

Since you are new to all this, please go to Page 1 and read through all the links available before trying anything - http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/t-pantech-burst-discussion-thread-139452/

irfanlai

Adept
May 29, 2008
Mumbai
I am on stock ICS with 2G connection.
I am facing following issues.
1. Randomly I am unable to swipe right to left and vice verse
Like I am in gallery and if i try to swipe images from right to left, it doesn't happen. The image will goto right and then come back at the same position. When playing Subway surfers I encounter this issue. Even while closing apps from minimize list. Then I have to restart the device and all works fine.
2. Battery drains very fast when data connection is active.
3. I have installed 'Advance Task Killer" and I keep killing apps but after some time they are back.. What can be done for this.

ronnie29

Disciple
Jan 15, 2013
Taking a backup is always recommended but for rooting you won't lose any data. However for installing a custom rom then you will lose data so a backup in mandatory in that case.

The Pantech Burst PC Suite itself can take a backup.

Since you are new to all this, please go to Page 1 and read through all the links available before trying anything - http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/t-pantech-burst-discussion-thread-139452/

Thanks Brendon.. :)
Just going to root my device now as I am waiting for CM10 ROM for pantech burst.. ;)

2kool2btrue

Disciple
Jul 31, 2009
Under the sky!
How is the battery life on 2G networks with data off? The phone will primarily be used for calls, text, some multimedia and occasional browsing. Will it cross a day? thanks

swapyworld

Adept
Sep 16, 2009
Mumbai
any one has used screen protector from xtreme guard? Do we need to follow the instructions of soap+water thing or it is just peel off and cover the screen?
@kuduku @veer_singh
btw there CWM 6 with brick free kernel uploaded by @attn1 .....can we have it in the first page with warning removed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Metalspree

Skilled
Mar 1, 2006
Bangalore
Got the phone a friend and rooted it. I happen to remove the ATT apps without taking backup, would this create any issue in future.

Also how to use phone as hotspot?

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
any one has used screen protector from xtreme guard? Do we need to follow the instructions of soap+water thing or it is just peel off and cover the screen?
kuduku veer_singh
btw there CWM 6 with brick free kernel uploaded by attn1 .....can we have it in the first page with warning removed?

I am using it, soap water is needed , watch the installation video on the site

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
kuduku veer_singh
btw there CWM 6 with brick free kernel uploaded by attn1 .....can we have it in the first page with warning removed?
soap and water very much needed .

crackuc

Disciple
Oct 30, 2012
@kuduku @veer_singh
btw there CWM 6 with brick free kernel uploaded by @attn1 .....can we have it in the first page with warning removed?
If you find the kernel link do let me know :D . Till I know we need to copile the kernel to get it . And Anyone here flashed that recovery yet ?

Last edited by a moderator:

rdbbond

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
Got the phone a friend and rooted it. I happen to remove the ATT apps without taking backup, would this create any issue in future.

Also how to use phone as hotspot?

If you rooted , use 'wifi tether' application , it does work on my Pantech.

laugh

Disciple
Jul 25, 2010
Guys I am seeing a listing in ebay.com for Pantech Burst for $120 Pantech Burst | eBay

Do you know of any other options where I can get it for cheaper. The phone will be shipped to a friend in US and he will bring it here when he comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.