Asus Xonar sound cards - DG,DX and STX

PristineNote

Adept
Oct 22, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.pristinenote.com
^ Please check with them if they have stock . Rashi has not been supplying stocks of STX and ST since last 1-2 months
<

KonfuSed

Disciple
Jun 11, 2009
I'm planning to buy the STX. BTW, I'm running an Asus Z68 M-Pro mother board. There are 2 PCIe ports, so connecting the card won't be an issue I hope. But would also like to know if it's possible to route the output of Xonar STX via the onboard HDMI output (to my AVR) or I'll have to buy a separate optical cable? As the AVR is around 7-8 ft away from the PC, will this distance create any performance issue? And I guess that there is a audio output header for front panel stereo headphone jack or I'll always have to use the back panel output of the card itself?

PristineNote

Adept
Oct 22, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.pristinenote.com
#KonfuSed, I am not sure about the routing signal through your onboard HDMI . Maybe this is what you are looking for ?

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]S/PDIF Header on STX : [/font][font="'Comic Sans MS"] [/font][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Connects to compatible graphic cards for HDMI output[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]The other option is ofcourse the Optical TOSLINK cable which you have mentioned . The Optical cable can be used upto 3-5 meters of length without any loss so 7ft. should not be an issue at all. [/font]

KonfuSed

Disciple
Jun 11, 2009
Ohh, the eBay price is bit more. I guess I'll have to order from you directly. But again in that case also there will be extra charges for Credit card I guess.