ASUS WL-520gU as torrent downloader

^^ about the pwd for txion web gui. I did it by modifying the settings.json file in my config directory for transmission. (Though I removed it later as I've blocked all access to it from WAN, and if needed I either do it through ssh over internet, or create an ssh tunnel and then load the web GUI like in LAN)

Yeah, but where is this config file? I could not find it anywhere. Also, which tool did you use to login to the router to change the config file?

This file should be in a folder named "config" which is in the same place where your transmission torrent download folder is. I think you can actually keep it anywhere and just change the startup script to point to it. Can't check that out right now because my HDD that was connected to router crashed some time ago and I haven't replaced it yet.

I used ssh to login and vim to edit the file.

Does Torrents downloading possible on win XP with original firmware?

can someone guide me through if this is possible??:huh:

I also might pick up the RT-N16 soon, since it is the only device which has 2x usb ports, supports Open WRT, has tons of features and has the hardware specs to run everything simultaneously; smoothly.

I intend to use it for downloading and as a print server.
I have one question though.. would one be able to scan documents over the network?.. SumitB?

Sorry to Hijack this Thread.I jus got ASUS WL-520GU and installed oleg firmaware.I am yet to connect my Ext HDD.I have query.Is it fine to use my Ext HDD for my torrent downloads...... i mean will it harm my ext HDD.

escaflowne said:
Sorry to Hijack this Thread.I jus got ASUS WL-520GU and installed oleg firmaware.I am yet to connect my Ext HDD.I have query.Is it fine to use my Ext HDD for my torrent downloads...... i mean will it harm my ext HDD.

you are welcome here..dude which ext hdd - brand -model number are you using ? the main problem of this setup is constant IO (read write operation) on the drive - so if its flash drive ->it will slowly die or if its a hard disk based drive then disk will rotate continuously;someone is suggesting using some script to lower the disk speed (in case of hard disk)

I have connected my Seagate IDE HDD through IDE-USB Converter.

Installed Transmission torrents.But it stops working frequently......i am looking for other alternatives....

escaflowne said:
I have connected my Seagate IDE HDD through IDE-USB Converter.

Installed Transmission torrents.But it stops working frequently......i am looking for other alternatives....

which brand??

escaflowne said:
IDE-USB Converter was some local brand.........

oki..because i too had an IDE to USB enclosure.Are you using a single torrent with limited nodes ? as using more thn one torrent will create problem

Scanning documents wont work on RT-N16 (with orignal firmware), TOMATO wont even recognize the device if it is a MFD/AIO :)

I have ordered RT-N16 and probably going to flash TOMATO on it because i want a nice QOS and BT support. You should look at LINKSYS forum for tomato fimwares. Btw DD_WRT and open_WRT suck :mad:

i have recently got a new gadget called the tonido plug... its a plug computer which essentially is a linux based server in the size of a power adapter. it runs a 1.2ghz processor with 512mb ram and rom each. draws about 5w of energy. stays always on and i am presently using it as a NAS, Torrent rig, file server, ftp, blog hosting, remote ssh, media streamer. ping me for details...

Back