ASUS R9 280X DirectCUI II

My monitor only supports VGA and DVI. R9 280x has 2 DVI ports and i have tried both of them. I have tried different PCI-ex 2.0x16 slots as well. Currently i'm trying to figure out whether this occurs only in Directx 9 games as skyrim, alan wake & witcher 2 are running in DX9. While hitman 5 and sniper elite that use directx 11 run okay i think. Hard to tell though since it's an intermittent issue and they normally don't show. Maximum chances are with skyrim.

I will reinstall windows and update directx9.0c drivers to confirm if that's causing it otherwise i have already made the RMA case via email+those screenshots and awaiting their response. I just wanted to know whether you had any problems with your card while playing skyrim?

I live in Ghaziabad (near Delhi) and ASUS does have a service center in my city by the name Digi Computers or something. So i hope they are reliable in handling my case and getting me a new card. I'm really frustrated from this.

I know it's been a little over an year now but just reporting that the card was faulty and I RMAed it last year. Played a few games and it was working fine until I started getting the same crap again on my screen while playing for too long like 3-4 hours.

After that I flashed my vBIOS and lowered the clocks of it and ever since it has given me no problem. Lot of ASUS-R9-280X-DC2T models have this issue and the only fix is vBIOS flash and if that doesn't works then I suggest people to RMA the card until ASUS hands you out a working one. I live in Delhi NCR so RMAing was not a problem for me and a new card was delivered in a week.

Anyways, I will be getting back into some serious gaming these summers and have saved some money to buy a new PC, so this card is not much use to me now. Shame barely did any gaming with it and only tried Witcher 3, which is apparently very demanding and requires at least an R9 290 or R9 970 to run at ultra settings and personally for me that's unacceptable, so will buy a new PC this summer just for GTA5 and Witcher 3. :)

Back