ASUS R9 280X DirectCUI II

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
A month ago I had purchased a XFX R9 280X and had nothing but problems with it (high temps, frame drops etc).. gave it for RMA and was told that they didn't have stocks and was delayed quite a bit. after much pursuing PrimeABGB agreed to give me a ASUS R9 280X in exchange of the XFX R9 280X + restocking fee.

Here is it, I feels so well build and sturdy. performance is excellent and no issues with temperatures even on 100% load.

Album:

Last edited:
^ I have 2 1080p monitors....

I bought these for cryptocurrency mining. I will doing a build guide shortly for mining pc. getting all the hardware today.

^ I get around ~730 Kh/s on each of them, I now have a total of 4 cards of these cards, I am planning to keep only 1 inside my cosmos and the 3 would be used for a dedicated mining rig.

Nice to know. My 7970 wont go above 560KH/s no matter what i tweak. I stopped mining due to this.

Thinking of setting up a dedicated mining rig. Awaiting your guide.

Please do mention what you are mining and the profitability delta in your guide if possible.

If you are looking to make money out of it then its a bad proposition to mine with anything less than 2x7950.

If you are looking to stroke your inner nerd, then it wouldn't hurt.

IMO, running a 5xx from nvidia is going to loose money rather that gain anything.

its not worth it to mine on NVidia cards even if you have Titan's.

My XFX R9 280x would only do 624 Kh/s and reach 105 Degrees doing it. to maintain temps of 80 i had to decrease intensity to 11 and then i was only able to do 425 KH/s. so these ASUS R9 280x are golden. ~730 KH/s @ 80 Degree's with no extra cooling.

@aasimenator
Hey bro, i also bought ASUS R9 280x DC2T from prime abgb, same model that you have but i'm having issues while playing games. Especially in skyrim:
E82S0FC.png

MnMGPZY.png

obppwqB.png

5b7K6Ip.jpg

Imgn3im.jpg

4YrVBdw.jpg

i8u2SQ0.jpg

Although games like hitman absolution run okay. I have tried new drivers, vBios flash and everything and i can't resolve it still. Does your card run skyrim perfectly? Should i RMA the card? I have a service center in my city so i don't have to drive much but i have heard bad things about ASUS RMA process.

Benchmarks like 3D mark, OCCD & MSI Kombuster don't show any issues so i don't know what's going on.

I moved to a new city recently and i barely know anybody here. I did check my older HD 5870 cards in my system, with and without crossfirex, and they run games perfectly so i know my MOBO's PCI-ex x16 slots are okay. My PSU is also 750tx corsair. RAM also passes memtest 86+ test. DDR3 6GB@2002MHz. Processor is also okay - i7-920@3.8GHz.

My posts are being blocked and await moderation approval? Is this some anti-spam check which goes away after i reach a certain post count or is it some sort of censorship against me, since i'm new here?

have you tried changing the HDMI / DVI cable that connects to your monitor? It does look like a bad card. I would try changing the cables if that doesn't work then RMA should be your next step.

As for ASUS RMA Process, I have bought and used ASUS products recently and in the past and i did not have any issues with the RMA Process. i guess it all depends on the service center reputation. Send ASUS guys an email with you issue attaching these screenshot.

First register you account if you dont have already & and register the product.
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9280XDC2T3GD5/#support

then select email us and email them the issue if you have purchased it less than a week ago request a DOA (Dead on Arrival), if they approve they will give you a letter to show at the service center and get a on spot replacement (if they have it in stock)

Back