Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Athiest

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Agnostic Theist

• Agnostic Athiest

• Total voters
Personally, I believe that religion is the primary root cause of all evil in the society.
When a religion was formed, It must have been with the intent to bring well-being to people. It is sad to see that religion have also been exploited by some to retain power and control which is the cause for it to be in its current state. Today what I see is large scale commercialization in the name of god.

Usually, theists, and some irrational atheists too, go on to claim that atheism is also a form of belief, just like theism. Now, by definition, it is exactly the opposite: a disbelief. However, it can be considered a belief if you go by the strictest of definitions, but it is still not the same as theism.

Just to make it simple, replace god with any other fictional creature such as a unicorn, or a dragon, and then ask yourself the same question. You will realise how absurd that notion is.

Actually, a friend has the view that being an atheist (that is not believing in god) just amounts to people choosing to lead their life without such a belief. Their faith may lie elsewhere. So in that sense, may be what you want to say is you are indifferent to the existence/non-existence of a god.

The word atheism carries with it an inherent dilemma of being considered a faith within itself if one goes by the book, as you pointed out. The faith/belief here is that there is no god!

I'm not religious and I consider religion to be a plague .

Its just if you are taught something from your childhood you just start believing in it , its like we get brainwashed - the same way the terrorists are brainwashed .
But there is one thing , people need something that can provide them hope (even though it may never occur) , but if you give hope to people , they'll believe in anything !
and religion is the best source to give hope to people .

If a person can give you hope , you'll leave religion and believe in him !

There's nothing that can be done , its a vulnerability of human side (even i'm vulnerable if i get hope to achieve something through different things - knowing it is totally false to do that )
Its how we are psychologically programmed !

Hope is your religion !

Back