2tb hdd seagate

24inch dell ips monitor

nzxt phantom case

h70 water cooler or noctua d14

corsair tx 650 v2

nvida gtx560ti

but this setup will go above your budget

u could change the gpu and get the i5 2500k instead

^ the one you suggested is a kind of gaming rig.

Anyways, for animation go for some quadro/firepro card.. and no need for liquid cooling unless you are going to OC @ extreme level.

^ Yeah ! Get a card and also get rid of liq. cooling as suggested by Wolvi.

And get at least 8GB ram.

Any headroom for a SSD ?

If you're buying a Quadro buy a proper one (Leadtek Quadro FX 4800 @ 1L+) or none at all. The el cheapo Quadros (Leadtek Quadro FX 580 @ 10k) are slower than comparative normal cards (say Sapphire HD6850) when it comes to rendering.

LOL @ Liquid cooling. Water temps in the H70 will slowly rise if an extremely long render is going on.

Also 8GB RAM is a must. SSD isn't necessary as rendering is more CPU+GPU intensive ....

^^ Get the nVidia GTX 560 Ti or above as the latest MAYA 2011 and above copies support real time rendering on the view port supported by nVidia's CUDA architecture + the tessellation prowess of the Fermi GPU is far better optimized than the AMD counterparts, gaming will be a breeze to with this card.

Hope this helps, which animation school are you in? I'm a student too. No point in buying a low end Quaddro the price / performance is piss poor and you can't game also :bleh:.

nVidia CUDA -- CUDA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / CUDA Zone
Tessellation -- Tessellation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For CPU cooling get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 minimum, if you want something more solid go for the Noctua NH U12P SE2. Here are links with pricing --

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler - TheITWares
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - TheITWares

@ OP - even I'm an animation student and use an i7 rig which does the job for me..

1st you tell us for what kind of animation you need that rig? 3D or 2D?

and also for home use or studio?

^^ I think the quad-core Sandy-Bridge are proving that theory wrong by thrashing every other processor on the market, especially when they cannibalize Intel's own Core i7 9xx Extreme editions, and they consume lesser power while at it. EPIC :facepalm:

BullDozer initial leaked results, show that the lead over i7 2600k will not be very much unfortunately -- More AMD Bulldozer Benchmarks Surface - Softpedia

comp@ddict said:
More cores the better for your purpose, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND wait for 8 core Bulldozers.
lol. Waiting can never end...there will be something new everyday in the market..you just can't buy everything... when the 8 cores some..you guys will again say.."ohh wait..more cores = more power..wait for 12 cores. " :|

No offense to anything..

Good cooler is necessary since most of the load will be on CPU, OC it or not, it will be at 100% contunuously and that will make i7 real hot on stock cooler...

"ohh wait..more cores = more power..wait for 12 cores. "

lol we usually think before writing anything.

see it's 8 cores from AMD and intel's 6 cores till next year, so when I said 8 cores, I musta thought 'bout it instead of making a random post..

8 core coming next month, then next update will be a long time, so you'll have the top end for a looong time, and NO, we wont be saying wait for 12 cores next month, since it aint coming, anytime soon

^ you never know..market doesn't change according to plans..
umm, really I didnt want to write this cuz I just finished writing another article, but hear goes.

And market prediction is made months and months prior, CPUs and GPUs are made with 2 years ahead in mind(meaning in 2011 they are already planning and starting development of the 2013 processor). SO you can imagine, this 2011 processor has been in those white-haired intel engineers for some years now. And they cant change CPU plans last moment, it just doesnt work.

They finalise the chip, it's called Tape-Out, which means manufacturing begins. First samples come in 2-3 weeks, and they start working on flaws, yields, power, tweaking, etc etc etc. So basically, when chip tapes out, expect 6-8 months gap before it hits market production or availablity.

Now intel has already fixed 6 cores Sandy Bridge E for Q 2011, 4 core Ivy Bridge 22nm Tick in Q2 2012, so whatever we see, it might be in or after Q2 2012. Now whats a year away buddy.

dude a 70k budget can fit the 560 easily. animation requires nvidia only. extend the budget and get a 570 if u can. its much better. stick to 2600k. gpu can be upgraded later. also for video rendering the z68 chipset will be better. it has support for quicksync and gpu simultaneously unlike p67. the new mobos will release in india soon so wait till month end and then buy.

who knows when the bulldozer comes out maybe sandy bridge prices may come down. wait another 2 weeks man. haste is waste as they say.

Back