CPU/Mobo AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE unlocking guide

mcwelja said:
Can anyone help me???

yes. go to your computer shop and ask them for 2-3 choices of amd 720be processors. Then when you get them in hand, you can see the processor inside via transparent side. Read the batch no. and thats it!!!

BTW now a days new 0907 stock is coming and not the old 0904 so the nes stock doesn't unlocks the 4th core no matter which board u get.

I 'm too got 0907cpmw batch which has no 4th core,

but who cares, 3 cores are still way better coz even 4th core is not guaranteed stable even at stock IMO.

Hey Im Buyin Biostar TA785GE Motherboard...

Originally i was gonna buy Phenom I 9950... but then by suggestions on TE i found out about the 720 be and its unlocking feature.

Does this mobo have the ability unlock the 4th core and if it does what batch shud i buy?
If it does not which processor shud i buy my budget is 8k ??

HoliC said:
Hey Im Buyin Biostar TA785GE Motherboard...

Originally i was gonna buy Phenom I 9950... but then by suggestions on TE i found out about the 720 be and its unlocking feature.

Does this mobo have the ability unlock the 4th core and if it does what batch shud i buy?

If it does not which processor shud i buy my budget is 8k ??

why dont u opt for ta790xxx series board.

unlocking feature depends largely on processor rather than motherboard. If you get the right batch processor then you can easily fiddle with your boards bios to unlock the 4thcore.

I tried unlock my 720 0906 EPMW 4th core.. during post it shows X4 20... but after tat it won't boot to windows.. black screen only.. does it mean my 4th core is defective?? I'm using Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H with SB710.

can the new Biostar TA790GX A3+ 5.0x unlock x3 720be 4th core?

i hear tat the bios isnt right,or can we juz downgrade it?

plan to buy it...

BStylez said:
can the new Biostar TA790GX A3+ 5.0x unlock x3 720be 4th core?

i hear tat the bios isnt right,or can we juz downgrade it?

plan to buy it...

yes it can. but only if you are the lucky one to have an unlocking processor.

My proccy came factory locked :mad: so i wasn't successful to unlock and i even tried downgrading and upgrading the bios but...:(. but my friends proccy got unlocked on my mobo instantly.:p

@kanishk619

i assume you have tested these motherboards personally and so i'm adding them to the list.

but please post details of unlocking of 4th core and also the overclocking thereafter.

MSI 790GX-G65

MSI 790FX-GD70

I have a 0906BPMW. It unlocks fine and is stable with all Prime tests. Stock voltage/cooler. However, when I select 800Mhz frequency for the RAM, the second Prime test (in place large FFT) reveals it's not stable anymore. Increasing the latency or voltage doesn't help, so I have to run it on 667Mhz (DDR1333).

Note I have constant warnings in the event log about the level 2 cache, made by the WHEA-logger, whatever that is, similar to this:
AMD Processors Forums - Cache Hierarchy Error
AMD Processors Forums - hypertransprt sync flood error

Hello everyone. Im new here, so forgive me if i ask something someone has asked before, but my doubt is a bit weird, maybe: I have a Gigabyte M720-US3 with 2 GB ddr2 800, and the processor is a amd Phenom II X3 720BE. Well at first i couldnt unlick the 4th core, i had to upgrade my mb bios to f6 (latest), after that i went to the 'MB Inteligent Tweaker' menu of the bios, then 'Advanced Clock Calibration' and finally under 'NVIDIA Core Calibration' I selected the option 'All Cores', and unlocked the 4th one. Well the system at boot started to identify my cpu as a phenom II X4 20. Well windows wouldnt boot so i added a bit more Voltage to CPU (only +0.025v), making it at 1.350V. Then Windows 7 x64 booted normally, identified and installed the 'new' cpu, so to speak... now the problem: The system is running well, but when i try to test the cpu with prime95 64bit and occt, both programs freeze my pc after 2 or 3 minutes. Then i tried to go to Bios again (hard reset windows), loaded bios defaults (cpu voltage went to auto again and 'NVIDIA core calibrations' went to 'disable' again also), but the system keeps identifying as a Phenom II X4 20, CPU-Z identifies it also as a X4, windows also, boots and fuctions normally, but prime 95 and occt keeps freezing on tests... isnt there a way to make my system identify my cpu as a x3 720 again? Thanks

Marcos

Its resolved i had to power off the pc. After i did it went back to phenom 2 730 with 3 cores, and now both occt and prime 95 are stable and dont freeze. I assume the 4th core is damaged or defective, Thanks anyway

Marcos

Back