Alan Wake - Discussion Thread

@Ethan_Hunt Sire I have another issue coming up, I have good news pertaining to The Witcher 2, it is finally working.

Now my STEAM application is giving me issues, after re-formatting as I am trying to reinstall it, it comes upto ~40%; platform updation and then STUCK.

STEAM_stuck.jpg

My ISP is the redoubtable MTNL and I have a wireless D-Link µUSB adapter that is providing me internet. I was able to download The Wicher @constant down-speed of ~120 kB/s. So I am literally stumped why it is taking so long to update STEAM.

Tried installing from two different STEAM installer packages -- the latest online package; and the other that came bundled in my Alan Wake DVD.

Thanks for all the help, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @ALPHA17. Glad to know your Witcher 2 woes have been sorted. :)

About Steam, I have never encountered this issue. Although, I have read about it numerous times on Steam forums. So rest assured, you're not the only one with it. The common solution prescribed for it is deleting the clientregistry.blob file present in the steam Folder and re-initiating the update process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really enjoying this game, play it late in the night all alone.

Though graphics are a little dated and textures popped every now and then; but still, a game worth playing.

I found Alan wake to more scary than dead space

Dinjo you cannot be serious, Alan Wake is more like a tense thriller rather than a horror story. Dead Space on the other hand is out-and-out positively about shitting your pants off. I mean even after playing Dead Space 2, three times over and knowing the scripted moments I still cannot play it alone in the dark.

But then it is all about individual tastes and perception of the unnatural phenomenon transcending around us.

the reason why I say is when I played dead space it more felt like a video game whereas alan wake was more like bonding with alan and making yourself deep in the story.You must actually watch the early videos when alan wake was about to release on consoles there was so much of hype around this game there was one video where one player act 1 and he felt completely exhausted by the end

Amensia is definitely more scary since it has more scary moments and doesn't really depends upon on audio effects which dead space does try playing deadspace with no audio you'll find how dull the game is.

again guys are making fun of me and no rules for them.Partiality everywhere.What mistake i did I only told the truth.I know you guys must be doing the same too outside the screen.

Amensia is definitely more scary since it has more scary moments and doesn't really depends upon on audio effects which dead space does try playing deadspace with no audio you'll find how dull the game is.

I partially agree with Dinjo on this one. Sound effects really bring out the best moments in Dead Space. Sound is a major aspect which contributes to the "jump-out-of-seat" factor to horror games. Pick a game like Resident Evil 4. Now that's a game which is a true definition of horror and action at the same time. Heck, a game like Demon's Souls, an action RPG game, has ambient sound system, which means, It doesn't have any music or OST during the game. It's only during boss fights do we get some shitty music. Anyway, there is a level in the game, which is so f*ckin' scary. I kid you not, I almost stopped playing it for a while late at night. It has a dark prison set-up and virtually little to no light source. As you travel through the area, you'll have some creepy ass noises, crickets screeching sounds, an NPC going berserk and asking for help and finally the haunting tune of a Royal's wife singing. Don't believe me? Watch this:

Alan Wake is more about creating an atmosphere and I wouldn't really deem it to be scary. It's more of a psychological illusion that Alan has to deal with and how the player can cope with it at the same time. Some people are scared of actual Ghost faces and gore, while others find the psychological nature of a game to be pretty creepy. That's the reason why some would find a movie like, say, Evil Dead to be horrifying, while the rest would stand by The Shinning. So you can't really can't judge people based on what scares them and what doesn't.

Finished the game last night, now onto the DLC packs.

Very well done game, another franchise I will stick an ear out for [apart from forking out cash].

Back