Alan Wake - Discussion Thread

Amensia is definitely more scary since it has more scary moments and doesn't really depends upon on audio effects

You've got to be kidding me! Or you haven't played it yet or left it half-way through.

Amnesia is one game where sound plays an important role to bring about the scare factor in the player and intensify it as the game progresses. There is no point in playing horror titles without audio. Heck, Amnesia's visuals were bad and the game largely relied on its sound effects. There was just one instance when a creature tries to scare you and you find a couple of those in the later levels.

Allwyn, I still urge you to grab a copy (< 1 GB IIRC) and play Amnesia. You don't have the slightest idea what the game has in store for you. Makes Dead Space, Resident Evil and Silent Hill franchises look like poosies! No kidding.

Completed both the DLC yesterday and i was highly satisfied with the game, the story was absolutely amazing one of the few games which has fantastic story.I still remember those days when this game was about to come and I was just watching the videos of inital gameplay and this is the game i bought my 360 and thanks to @Ethan_Hunt it was my first game on 360.I can safely say that this game comes to my top 3 games of this generation

1. MGS 4
2. AC II
3. Alan Wake

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely! I was so anxious to get my RGH done for the very same reason and the DLCs were the first thing I installed, once I had it done. They were great extensions of the main game and quite frankly, we need more atmospheric games such a this one.

I am mate. I loaded MGS 2: Sons of Liberty just for the kick, the other day and I hated the control scheme, so dropped it. Not sure if I'm ready to try an MGS game right now. But I promise you, I'll certainly give MGS4 a shot.

Completed 2 chapters. The game has unnecessary shooting at times i feel, but except that it's been good. I wonder how the story will end! It's an interesting story.

Completed 2 chapters. The game has unnecessary shooting at times i feel, but except that it's been good. I wonder how the story will end! It's an interesting story.

Completed the game and story is good but shooting get too repetitive and lengthy
After some time it looks like that you just keep on shooting zombies

I didn't find the game to be repetitive infact I was so much in the game story i hardly felt i was going through some action until Chapter 3

After a while the fighting sequences became a chore. It was just duck, shoot, flare, shoot. Rinse and repeat. Story and the atmosphere kept me going till the end.

Just picked up and finished this game. It's always really nice to play a completely original game like this. :)

Can someone tell me what is the music at the oil derrick (the CD you put in the boombox)?

EDIT : Wait a minute. Are there two different games "Alan Wake" and "Alan Wake's American Nightmare"? And is there a game called "Alan Wake: The Signal"?

Yup. I never knew they were two different games, and I was wondering why the game was so short. :O Got to play the original Alan Wake now. ;)

Back