Airtel gprs schemes

I am using unlimited@Rs. 99 plan :D. Actually it is airtel corporate connection, if you can arrange the same, this is the best plan.

^^ it is not a corporate plan. BTW for the benefit of others, I found that the unlimited (2GB) for 98 rupees is available for all pre-paid and post paid customers. For post-paid, you need to send "INTERNET" (without quotes) to 121. I've just done that and received message that it will be activated in 4 hours.

^^ And those airtel guys told me that Rs 98 / 2GB is not available on postpaid and i had to convert my postpaid to prepaid :mad:
Whatever it is happy with prepaid, can keep track of my balances now.

Btw can any one tell what is the time slot for night for airtel GPRS. I suppose usage is free at that time and 2GB cap is only for day time.

how much mb do you people consume in a month?

ive used it for about 20 days and have only managed to use about 65mb. the 2gb is just a gimmick i feel.

^^ It is not a gimmick. Just that how you use it i important. In my case, i had 2067 MB free last (see my post on previous page). Currently i have around 2011 available which means i used around 50 MB in last two days. All this was consumed by using my phone connected to laptop and surfing the net on laptop and also over the air direct download of songs etc directly on phone.

certainly not a gimmick.. it is definitely worth it.. on the regular plan (30 paise/50 kb), you will spend 100 bucks for just around 16 MB, and your usage is already over that, so its best to go for this plan. Now i've left my data always on without any worries of tracking usage (push mail ftw)..and also can use it on tether freely during tavel (no extra roamin charges)

shantanugoel said:
^^ it is not a corporate plan. BTW for the benefit of others, I found that the unlimited (2GB) for 98 rupees is available for all pre-paid and post paid customers. For post-paid, you need to send "INTERNET" (without quotes) to 121. I've just done that and received message that it will be activated in 4 hours.

What do you mean by it is not a corporate plan ?

Need Aitel Manual GPRS Setting For Streaming Video !

Please help me !
I'm from Kolkata.
I have Nokia 2700 Classic and Airtel Connection.
I can brows but can't download or watch YouTube on my mobile......
Can any one tell me the manual setting for Streaming Video.
And,how to get airtel default setting ?
I sent "MO" to 543210 many times but no reply.
I have already contacted CC but that did not work for me.
And,how to check data balance ?
Thank you.....

hotshot05 said:
Me too using Airtel RC98.
If I download from DDL sites using IDM I get speeds around 20-30KB/s but for torrents, the speeds are pathetic, around 8-12KB/s

Other people who are using RC98, which port are you using in uTorrent ?

mathi_vadhanan said:
Me too getting good speeds.. Downloads are hovering around 12kb/s at night..

I am a Delhi user on 2GB pack. Both of u must be getting these speeds on ur pc(using ur phone as modem).
But after running Jbenchmark Net and the speed test on dslreports.com/mspeed on my Nokia 5610 i am getting download speed @20-30kbps(i.e.2-3KBps) and upload speed @50kbps(i.e.6KBps).I think we shud atleast get arnd 100-120kbps(i.e.12-14KBps) on Mobile Office.I wonder if the slow speeds are on phones only??How much are other 2Gb users getting on their phones?

Speeds are dependent on many factors like distance from tower, number of people using GPRS / network on that tower and signal strength at your place. Even i get speeds in range of 20kbps to 50kbps only which is ok for chatting and causal surfing. Sometimes they do jump till 200 kbps but that is just burst speed and stays for only a second or so.

Even i am using the 2gb scheme on my Samsung i5700. Speedtest shows about 70-80 kbps downstream and 80-90kbps upstream.

I tried Tata Docomo and it shows about 160 kbps downstream and 40-50 upstream.

guys, I have airtel postpaid in NCR and I activated the 2gb/98 rs plan by calling up call center. I called up again a day later to confirm that the plan was activated.

However, I do not know how to check my balance - *123*10# is only valid for prepaid users. Anybody know how to use it in postpaid ?

H2O said:
Is there a cheaper plan for say about Rs.50 as I don't need 2 GB even 1 GB would do fine for me.

No but there are other plans like Rs 10 per day for 100 MB usage and Rs 25 per day for unlimited usage (on daily basis).

Back