Airtel Doubles Unlimited Plan speed?

Guys..Donno the reason but its 2:15pm right now (when I'm posting here) and I'm downloading at 56 KB/s.. :hap2:

Now thats more like it!! Will edit this post after running a speed test..

Airtel Speed Test

SpeakEasy Speed Test

Yipee!! One things for sure..I'm not switching this modem off!! :p

Airtel has switch off 2x speed in night until 15th Jan. Well not switched off, they say something is down from their side and they are repairing it and so the occasional spikes and plenty of lows.

The thread title talks about 2x speed during the day, and we end up losing our 2x speed increase in night. What irony :p

^^You lucky bugger, I only noticed it once in the last few months but it could just be that I didn't notice it the other times. SS, did Airtel tell you that you will get double speeds or you just enjoying it on the sly?

I anybody in Pune getting these improved speeds? I've kept an eye on the speed since I heard about this but don't see much of an improvement.

Oops they did it again!!! I am getting 60 KB on Airtel right now in the afternoon.... So my guess is they are testing something definitely... Here first as always with the breaking news.

Ok here is the proof guys, not only has the download doubled like last time.... but look at the upload speeds, this is double than last time. I just hope it stays for this forever with night speeds at 1mbps.... Else MTNL calling.

^^Dude, I am an Airtel customer and I can crib about Airtel as much as I would like.... if peeps like me dont crib, than we can be stuck for 256 kbps for all our life if left to the likes of Sify and Airtel. And yeah, I certainly PLAN to shift if Airtel doesnt come up with a new plan soon (by month end), and I am sure there are many like me. Why have I not shifted YET???? Of course a new phone line to my room, etc is a hassle, so I am trying to avoid that and desperately hoping they increase the speed.

Back