Airtel 3G signal up in NCR

What happened with this??? Any news??? Recieved a Rs. 250, 3GB limit Internet offer from airtel though dont know whether it was edge or 3G

thebanik said:
What happened with this??? Any news??? Recieved a Rs. 250, 3GB limit Internet offer from airtel though dont know whether it was edge or 3G
it will be edge as they have not launched 3g yet. no idea why thought they were suppose to do it on 1 jan but looks like they are not in hurry

Airtel said in Jan 11th that they're going to launch 3G "very soon". I dont know what their definition of very soon is, but i expected them to launch 3G to coincide with MNP at the very latest. Hopefullly they'll launch it by next week at least

coolraghav said:
video call etc are still banned by indian government i think, because docomo has shut that service

DoT Asks Tata Docomo, Airtel and RCOM To Hold 3G Video Call Services

i think they are waiting, coz only for surfing 3G..they really dont wanna waste that kind of money on advertisements and then not able to provide the service.
Well most people are waiting for 3G for surfing. Most of the phones out there, even if they have 3G, do not have a front camera. Plus at rates like 5p/sec who is even gonna use video calling that much.

If they are really waiting for video calling to launch 3G, they are missing a trick here. They're letting Docomo and BSNL establish themselves and take a lot of the early customers. I myself would probably go for BSNL 3G if airtel does not launch next week

even if airtel launch its 3g i dont think so it matters anymore as after seeing relaince gsm 3g plans there is no point going for 3g 100 rs for 100mb lol its a joke 2100rs for 21gb

CeDrIc said:
^ Reliance 3G has a plan - 99rs/month and 3GB data on both 2G and 3G network.
I wasnt able to find any 3G plans at all on their website. Is it applicable to all circles? How is the speed?

Looking for decent 3G plans in Karnataka and BSNL seems to be the only reasonable choice :(

Back