Airtel : 1099 Swift/Explorer ?

I called airtel to surrender my 512Kb connection when the sales rep told me about this plan its Rs 400 less than what i pay with double the upload speed so i stayed with airtel:bleh:

2vb5v7k.png

^^ Reliance in terms of services provided is completely crap. Stick to airtel. Even while gaming they are now improving. The routing has improved a lot. Getting low latencies on most of the servers.

Download Speed is amazing, plus no downtime at all. Services are the best part of Airtel.

Stick to the company, you won't regret!

Yea thats true and 100% correct I am with airtel from last 5 yrs now and its working rock solid no downtimes. just once in a blue moon. That too when they update servers late night hours

I just spoke to an Airtel customer care executive regarding my bill plan.

Current plan: Rs. 750 (256kbps day and night, no data transfer limit)

Interested in plan: Surf 749 plan (day 256kbps/night 1mbps - 8GB data transfer limit)

---- OR 1099 explorer (day 384kbps/night 1mbps - 100GB DTL ??)

I was under the impression that upon completion of 8GB limit, they would only reduce the speed by half, but they say they'll be charging me @ 60paise per mb :eek:

Since when have they started charging for usage beyond limit?

coolcowboy said:

Interested in plan: Surf 749 plan (day 256kbps/night 1mbps - 8GB data transfer limit)

I was under the impression that upon completion of 8GB limit, they would only reduce the speed by half, but they say they'll be charging me @ 60paise per mb :eek:

1099 explorer plan is unlimited plan with Fair Usage Policy Limits on 100 GB.

coolcowboy said:

The limit that you are talking about is the defined download limit. They have full right to charge you beyond that speculated usage. In fact, that is how most limited internet usage packages work. So you'll have to pay if you exceed. While FUP [ Fair Usage Policy ] is a different issue all together. In case of the FUP limit being exceeded your speed is halved. :cool2:

ravi_9793 said:
1099 explorer plan is unlimited plan with Fair Usage Policy Limits on 100 GB.

The 1099 Explorer doesn't have an FUP limit. I checked in their pamphlet. The 1299 Plan has an FUP of 100 GB . IMHO .

! 0 t A said:
The limit that you are talking about is the defined download limit. They have full right to charge you beyond that speculated usage. In fact, that is how most limited internet usage packages work. So you'll have to pay if you exceed. While FUP [ Fair Usage Policy ] is a different issue all together. In case of the FUP limit being exceeded your speed is halved. :cool2:

makes sense...:hap2:

Does the new Swift 512/512 have FUP? and how much? is there any option for sunday 1 Mbps in this?

And how much did u pay for the installation and everything... I am planning to move from BSNL 256UL to Airtel Swift 1099 soon...

One more Q... can i use my existing BSNL modem for Airtel?

:cool2:

MaRKiV said:
Does the new Swift 512/512 have FUP? and how much? is there any option for sunday 1 Mbps in this?

And how much did u pay for the installation and everything... I am planning to move from BSNL 256UL to Airtel Swift 1099 soon...

One more Q... can i use my existing BSNL modem for Airtel?

1. As far as the pamphlet goes there is no FUP for Swift 1099 Plan.

2.FOr installation i took the 6 months where you pay for 5months and get 6 months .

So I payed : 5x1099 + Tax + 500 for WiFi Modem == 6500 [App.]

**No installation Charge for 6 month plan , otherwise add 1000 bux to that equation**

3.Yes you can use your existing router of BSNL with AIRTEL, even i migrated from BSNL to AIRTEL but because i am surrendering the BSNL connection , they will take back the router.

! 0 t A said:
1. As far as the pamphlet goes there is no FUP for Swift 1099 Plan.

2.FOr installation i took the 6 months where you pay for 5months and get 6 months .

So I payed : 5x1099 + Tax + 500 for WiFi Modem == 6500 [App.]

**No installation Charge for 6 month plan , otherwise add 1000 bux to that equation**

3.Yes you can use your existing router of BSNL with AIRTEL, even i migrated from BSNL to AIRTEL but because i am surrendering the BSNL connection , they will take back the router.

Thanks for ur input!

I call Airtel today in delhi and they are saying they no longer providing explore 1099 (384kbps/1mbmps) plan now they only have swift 1099(512kbps) plan

Is this information correct

rishimittal said:
I call Airtel today in delhi and they are saying they no longer providing explore 1099 (384kbps/1mbmps) plan now they only have swift 1099(512kbps) plan

Is this information correct

Yes, it is correct. But you can contact any sales person and make condition that you will take Airtell BB connection if they give you Explorer1099 plan.. than you might get.

Lyagushkka said:
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?

Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

I am not sure what you are getting at ?

MODS ? :p

Like many others in this thread, I too am switching from bsnl to airtel.. At present I have 256 UL of Bsnl.. All the info i need has already been given in this thread i suppose but there's just one thing that's sorta bugging me.. The FUP on the 1299 plan in Airtel is 100 GB? and if it is, that's per month right? And if the explorer plan (which isn't listed on the airtel site anymore) is available, is it better to go for that at 200 less or is the 1299 plan a better choice?

Also, is there any sunday 1 Mbps thing in any of these plans?

Thanks in advance..

That pamphlet is a rip off. I got the same one, got my hopes up for nothing. When I called Airtel, they flatly refused, saying those plans are no longer available. Even calling the sales rep, whose number was on the pamphlet didn't help. He said the same thing.

Back