Age of Empires 3 Demo Soon

oh yea, played it yesterday, not that much though, looks a bit confusing to start of with, will post some screenies after sometime....

The demo was a very old build of the game.Believe it or not,the Ensemble ppl say they have fixed around 800bugs from the demo build.So there r improovements over the demo.

from all the views i have seen (other forums as well)people are not too happy about the gameplay.......

rave: how about a preview of the game ????

Awesome Game!...
The best of the AOE Series.
Id give..
Graphics - 8.5
Gameplay - 9.5
Performance 9.5

Overall - 9.5 :D

You have to play this game. No matter what.

hey........ tell me when is the full version comin ............
can,t wait anymore

Sourabh said:
Age of Empires 3 Demo Soon

AOE3 Heaven reports that the Age of Empires 3 demo (375MB) been completed and is undergoing QA at Microsoft.

Originally Posted by Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

collectorsedition9ut.jpg
regularedition5gg.jpg

"Demo's done (it went out the door to marketing today)... Finally
The highpoints:
* SP only, no MP
* 2 scenarios from the CPN
* 2 RMs
* 2 civs"
"The demo's actually a good time. I didn't go back and specifically compare, but it's quite a bit more gameplay than I recall the AOM demo having" ...

Source: EvilAvatar

Nice :D... cant wait :D this is the first AOE title i enjoyed :D... maybe coz ive got older now :S... i played AOE2 when i was 13 :p, so dint really know what i was doing :p

seriously i thght aoe wud finish up wit AOE II the conquerors, now dey hv come up wit dis, seriously, im excited. demo is gr8, cant wait for the full game. i hrd dat it wud release by this december, hopefully yea:eek:hyeah:

well, there are lil flaws, for eg: u can pass thru a moving train(train is used for trade), but hey, de game rokz, wit de new concepts lyk shipments,

villagers don need to bring the resources to the towncenter, as they gather resources, its get added up in 2 de stockpile, so datz a gr8 advantage.

Hmm I have noticed that Radeon 9800 pro takes a huge hit while enabling shadows to high.. Is it the same for Nv4x cards ?

And also I was wrong previously AOE3 looks very good with HDR,

I haven't liked rts's much.
war2 was the only one I ever finished, but there weren't many good games in other genres during that time.

Multiplayer war3 is the only rts I really liked (already bored sick of it now).
The main campaigne I finished using cheats just to get the amazing story, sp gameplay is meaningless clickfest to me since rts's don't do much for me anyway.

But after war3 every rts will need a hero system, rpg elements and a focus on fast skrmishes with only a handful units if I am to like it, without those it's just massing and slow 1hour games (unless someone can pull off another starcraft).

Aces170 said:
Hmm I have noticed that Radeon 9800 pro takes a huge hit while enabling shadows to high.. Is it the same for Nv4x cards ?

And also I was wrong previously AOE3 looks very good with HDR,
Hmm,yup u are right.
I was at 1024x768 all the settings including the AA at high on my 9800 pro.
i got between 25 to 30fps.
I changed the shadows to low and the fps went to 60 fps avg!!!
Cud it be a bug in the demo since it it is still in the mature stage.
I have never seen fps getting halved just by changing shadows from low to high!

Played the demo in the last three days. Its as good as the AOE 2 and lives up to the expectations in terms of graphics. Even though the build of the demo is a old one, its quite well optimized compared to EE 2. The game play is also quite good. I would give the demo a rating of 9.8/10. The final version with all the bug fixes and enhancements should be very good indeed.

Back