Act Tv Bangalore: 10 Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

Guys is ACT is FUPing at 80% only i got msg saying i utilized 80%,according to usage i used only 57gb And my speed is reduced to 2mbps
speedtest result

Update 1:

Called ACT CC, they told i used 65GB till yesterday asked me to do clear temp file and check,But i dont know how it ll help,i disconnected the net at 10PM yesterday and same is reflected in usage portal..and the usage is shown as 57GB.morning i didnt use much also!!!anyways there raised an SR will update once they reply

Update 2:

ACT CC called me saying that i have used my limit of 75GB!!!!They said that portal is not updated regularly!!!!And he told to call center to get the actual usage!Morning they told i have used 65GB, Is ACT doing some malpractice here? My portal page updated to latest by yesterday 22pm to 57.xxGB..Last month also i have faced similar problem..When i Get 80% usage the speed gets reduced.

Update 3: Evening again got call from their CC said that they talked with backend people and they rechecked the usage and update the usage in portal.He also told that if the usage is below FUP then i ll get full speed.i went home and checked the portal usage,it was showing 57GB itself and speed is back to 10mbps.

I don't use a router since I only use my desktop. Can you tell me the procedure you followed ? I also have a spare NSN ADSL modem/router (bought from BSNL back when I was at home).

Doubt it will work with that as it wont have a WAN port by default..

It's pretty straight forward, the only issue is that you shouldn't give the connections a "Service Name" I dunno why, but it doens't work when you set that!

If ya need any more info do lemme know! :)

Doubt it will work with that as it wont have a WAN port by default..

It's pretty straight forward, the only issue is that you shouldn't give the connections a "Service Name" I dunno why, but it doens't work when you set that!

If ya need any more info do lemme know! :)

Actually I enabled PPPoE a few days ago by myself. Just created a new PPPoE connection with my credentials and it works :)

Guys is ACT is FUPing at 80% only i got msg saying i utilized 80%,according to usage i used only 57gb And my speed is reduced to 2mbps
speedtest result

Update 1:

Called ACT CC, they told i used GB till yesterday asked me to do clear temp file and check,But i dont know how it ll help,i disconnected the net at 10PM yesterday and same is reflected in usage portal..and the usage is shown as 57GB.morning i didnt use much also!!!anyways there raised an SR will update once they reply

Update 2:

ACT CC called me saying that i have use my limit of 75GB!!!!They said that portal is not updated regularly!!!!And he told to call center to get the actual usage!Morning they told i have used 65GB, Is ACT doing some malpractice here? My portal page updated to latest by yesterday 22pm to 57.xxGB..Last month also i have faced similar problem..When i Get 80% usage the speed gets reduced.

Update 3: Evening again got call from their CC said that they talked with backend people and they rechecked the usage and update the usage in portal.He also told that if the usage is below FUP then i ll get full speed.i went home and checked the portal usage,it was showing 57GB itself and speed is back to 10mbps.

True that coz even i got fuped at 38 and now my speed is 512kbps.. I will call the cc hopefully they resolve this issue ASAP :unsure:

i called the cc they said i have used 51GB but in my usage it shows 38gb till yesterday.. Sad that their usage details are not reliable enough
CC tells wrong details, i have mentioned in my post how they come up with different usage every time.
My friends also told today that he was FUPd at 80% when he called CC they told that he used 80GB his actual usage of 60GB, after proper talking they reverted the speeds to normal.

Latest reply by act for one of my mail
Dear Mr. Manoj Krishna K S,

Greetings from ACT Broadband!

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, there is Technical issue with the usage and it will be resolved as early as possible.

We are always happy to serve you. In case of any queries please call us on 080 4284 00 00 or write to helpdesk@acttv.in

Thank you for choosing ACT Broadband and your patronage.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Sincerely,

Sanjeevini J K
Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
No. 29/4, 4th Floor, Trade Center,
Race Course road,
Bangalore – 560001
Helpline: 08042840000
E-mail: helpdesk@acttv.in

Yesterday, I called the CC and they said that they are having some problem with their web display of usage. I'm on the 999/- plan but after FUP my speed decreased to 256kbps instead of 512kbps. And it hasn't reverted back to 10Mbps today :|

Yesterday, I called the CC and they said that they are having some problem with their web display of usage. I'm on the 999/- plan but after FUP my speed decreased to 256kbps instead of 512kbps. And it hasn't reverted back to 10Mbps today :|

I had the same problem as yours. But i usually choose to wait for 2 days and then call CC because almost 95 percent of the time the issue gets resolved by itself. :yahoo:

They've Got a new Website and 20mbps plan with 350Gb fup For 4299

Available areas in Bangalore:

• AECS Layout
  • Adugodi Main Road
  • Amar Jyothi Layout
  • Akshay Nagar
  • Banaswagi
  • Badrappa Layout
  • Bahubali Nagar
  • Banaswadi
  • Benson Town Post
  • Berlie Street
  • CMH Road
  • Cox Town
  • Cunningham Road
  • Dispensary Road
  • Dinnur Main Road
  • Doopahalli
  • Domlur
  • Domlur Village
  • Frazer Town
  • Gangamma Circle

• Gupta Layout
  • Hanumanth Nagar
  • HBR Layout
  • HRBR Layout
  • Hennur
  • Horamavu
  • Hoysala Nagar
  • Infantry Road
  • Indiranagar
  • Jayanagar 4th T Block
  • Jalahalli
  • JC Nagar
  • Jeevanahalli
  • Kalkere Main Road
  • Kasturi Nagar
  • Kanaka Nagar
  • Koramangala Eight block
  • Kousar Nagar
  • Kodihalli
  • Kundanahalli

• Lakshmipuram
  • Landford Town
  • Laksandra
  • Malleswaram
  • Margosa Road
  • Mathikere
  • Mico Main Road
  • MM Road
  • Murphy Town
  • Nagashetti Halli
  • Nagwara
  • OMBR Layout
  • PG Halli
  • Ramamurthynagar
  • Rajajinagar
  • Richards Park
  • Richmond Town
  • RT Nagar
  • Sampige Road
  • Sanjay Nagar
  • Seetarama Palya
  • Seppings Road
  • Shanthinagar
  • Sheshadripuram
  • St Marks Road
  • TC Palya
  • Ulsoor
  • Ulsoor BDA Quarters

its not available everywhere... useless. why people near bellary road & towards andhra border have this broadband facility ?
also another ISP railwire is having good network near whitefield only... i mean towards that side...
what have the people living in the other parts of bangalore done for them ?
do they think there r no buyers for their service ? or we dont have money to pay them ? or is it because it is not feasible ???
ridiculous... i hate this monopoly...

Hmm having the cable operator giving them a call seems interesting, any one here tried this yet?
I live in JP Nagar Phase 8, here the local operator provides G-Broadband connection. Will ask him about getting in touch with ACT.

If I go through my cable operator, will I be able to get a connection? My neighbouring area which is just 500m away has ACT available, but last time they said that it's not available in my area.

Back