Act Tv Bangalore: 10 Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

maximus_21

Disciple
Aug 7, 2008
Hello TE people i stay in bangalore. I have applied for 999 10mbps till 50GB plan. The marketing guy came the very next day to collect a cheque which was a sunday. He said the connection will be installed and activated within 5 days. But the guys who do the wiring keep lying saying they will come and giving false promises. One guy mentioned not having the box which i really wonder thinking that how come they have only one box for an entire city. Hoping the connection will be activated ASAP and i will keep u guys updated.

UPDATE
Finally got my connection on 31st of july after lot of calling and irritating them..hehe btw the speed is amazing as promised. Will wait and see how it goes for an entire month.

sg3707

Adept
Nov 19, 2009
I think the Honeymoon period is over....

I have been using ACT 10 MBPS 1299 plan from Nov 2011. Took the plan since their office is very near to my house. In fact I suggested many of my friends to avail their connection.
3 Months OK..Then started trouble

Every month I get a mail that I reached 80% of FUP and even though I do not download further my speed reduces to 2Mbps.

At least 2 days Internet will not work per month due to some or the other reason like technical issue..Wire cut..Etc..Etc

Last month for 3 days it was playing hide and seek very lot of disconnection and on Sunday whole day it was not working

Now this month the speed has been stuck @ 2Mbps instead of 10Mbps.

Now comes the customer care although it is advertised that the customer support works from 7:30AM to 11:30PM I was unable to reach them in those late or early hours...They work only from 10 - 5. Earlier their support was amazing. The technical guy responding with in 4 - 12 hours. Now no one cares. Customer support through email is a joke.The below email is their standard reply I have been receiving for the last 20 days to my concern about the speed reducing @ 80% FUP instead of 100% FUP.

Considering that we are paying around 46Rs per day it is not very cheap to ignore the king of service we are getting.

This ACT Broadband seems to be like my 2003 pulsar. It was fine till no issues started. Once there is any issue then god help us fixing it.
"Greetings from ACT Broadband!

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have forwarded your request to our concerned Technical department and they will contact you shortly.

We are always happy to serve you. In case of any queries please call us on 080 4284 00 00 or write to helpdesk@acttv.in

Thank you for choosing ACT Broadband and your patronage.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Happy superfast surfing.

Sincerely,

Executive - Customer Service
Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
No. 29/4, 4th Floor, Trade Center,
Race Course road,
Bangalore – 560001
Helpline: 08042840000
E-mail: helpdesk@acttv.in

hahahari

Adept
May 17, 2009
Bangalore/Chennai
grouptable.com
Ditto here. And this speed stuck at 2 mbps for this month seems to be universal, I am suffering from it too. They had couple if server glitches last week. I got speeds of above 60mbps for 1 whole day. Ran out of HDD space in a single day. Anyway their service is still better than what I got with reliance, so I am sticking with them for now...

I think the Honeymoon period is over....

I have been using ACT 10 MBPS 1299 plan from Nov 2011. Took the plan since their office is very near to my house. In fact I suggested many of my friends to avail their connection.
3 Months OK..Then started trouble

Every month I get a mail that I reached 80% of FUP and even though I do not download further my speed reduces to 2Mbps.

At least 2 days Internet will not work per month due to some or the other reason like technical issue..Wire cut..Etc..Etc

Last month for 3 days it was playing hide and seek very lot of disconnection and on Sunday whole day it was not working

Now this month the speed has been stuck @ 2Mbps instead of 10Mbps.

Now comes the customer care although it is advertised that the customer support works from 7:30AM to 11:30PM I was unable to reach them in those late or early hours...They work only from 10 - 5. Earlier their support was amazing. The technical guy responding with in 4 - 12 hours. Now no one cares. Customer support through email is a joke.The below email is their standard reply I have been receiving for the last 20 days to my concern about the speed reducing @ 80% FUP instead of 100% FUP.

Considering that we are paying around 46Rs per day it is not very cheap to ignore the king of service we are getting.

This ACT Broadband seems to be like my 2003 pulsar. It was fine till no issues started. Once there is any issue then god help us fixing it.

Jan 13, 2012
Mumbai , Maharashtra
Don't know what you mean, but their unlimited means 10mbps upto some specified GBs and thereafter FUP activates. Depends on the plan after how many GBs and to what speed the FUP will take effect. Even after the FUP, I'd say the speeds are good for the money. At least according to their claims.
By Unlimited I meant that there is no limit like 50GB ,60GB , etc . Ya now I get it , it has FUP .

manojkrishnaks

Disciple
Jan 4, 2009
bangalore
Last month I was FUPed at 70gb!!! i sent them the mail

To: helpdesk@acttv.in
Subject: RE: ALERT:Usage Limit Reached 80% of Fair Usage Limit
Hi,
My data usage in your portal shows 73GB and I was FUPd for 70GB where as MY LIMIT is 75GB..Please revert back at the earliest
Thank You
Manojkrishna K S

Their Reply

Dear Mr. Manoj Krishna K S,

Greetings from ACT Broadband!

We kindly request you to mention your query completely as we are unable to understand.

We are always happy to serve you. In case of any queries please call us on 080 4284 00 00 or write to helpdesk@acttv.in

Happy superfast surfing.

Sincerely,

Sanjeevini J K
Race Course road,
Bangalore – 560001

I mailed them again and they told they will revert back its more than 2 weeks now
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:20 PM
To: 'Help Desk'

Hi
My speed is reduced to 2 mbps from 10mbps at 70gb Data as show in Your portal.i want to know why this happed

Regards
Manojkrishna K S
Dear Mr. Manojkrishna K S,

Greetings from ACT Broadband!

We have forwarded your request to our Technical department and they will contact you shortly.

Happy superfast surfing.

Sincerely,

Sanjeevini J K
Race Course road,
Bangalore – 560001

sg3707

Adept
Nov 19, 2009
Last month I was FUPed at 70gb!!! i sent them the mail

Their Reply

I mailed them again and they told they will revert back its more than 2 weeks now

Very sad to hear that many of us are facing such issues. These are genuine Technical issues from their backend which have be sorted out quickly.

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore
Seems there is a glitch in their FUP system. Last month my speed reduced after around 40-42GB instead of 50GB. Been using ACT from January. Almost no disconnetion barred a few incidents of few mins / max couple hrs in a month. And considering their speed and they don't count Upload in the data transmission, still they are the best available ISP.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Last saturday I was at my friends place and he has a 1Mbps connection. I have to download a excel file from my mail to laptop which was 26 Mb.

I downloaded it and it took less at few second, Curious I opened speed test and checked and the connection was 11Mbps.

Leaving no stone unturned , picked my FM packs and all other heavy downloades and in 10 hours time my download was 40Gb + at speeds around 2.1Mbps. Took some screenshots also :D .

swatkats

Skilled
Jul 16, 2011
Hyderabad
Last saturday I was at my friends place and he has a 1Mbps connection. I have to download a excel file from my mail to laptop which was 26 Mb.

I downloaded it and it took less at few second, Curious I opened speed test and checked and the connection was 11Mbps.

Leaving no stone unturned , picked my FM packs and all other heavy downloades and in 10 hours time my download was 40Gb + at speeds around 2.1Mbps. Took some screenshots also :D .

I am sure Load Balancers Broke!

hot zubs

Disciple
Jan 5, 2010
Had requested for a new connection almost 7 days back but till now no response from the sales team, just got a message from ACT saying sales team wil contact soon...

What to do guys??

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
I got 6.1 MBps consistently for almost a day, ran out of HDD space in a matter of hours, lol. approx 200 gigs during that time.

I downloaded close to 50Gb in some 10 hours. There was a scheduled maintainance SMS on my friends mobile. Too bad I did not start early :p

sg3707

Adept
Nov 19, 2009
Again from today morning internet is not working.working from home has become an issue now because of frequent disconnections.