Monitors Acer Nitro XV272U V3

Hey everyone, I had purchased the monitor and it arrived today. It came with the annoying 16 amp cable so I had to run out and switch it. I havent been able to utilise the 180hz yet as I need a usb c to dp cable to connect to my laptop. The monitor comes with the Agile Splendor IPS and and the backlight bleed seems unnoticeable in room light. The monitor also came with a cool color calibration testing report which can be seen in the imgur album below. I am not an expert in testing monitors and I am not an fps gamer, but if you have any doubts i would be happy to help.

Is the 16 amp cable an issue or something?

The monitor comes with the Agile Splendor IPS
You can confirm the panel with service menu. Accessing it is a bit tricky. This guide explains getting to the menu https://dartraiden.github.io/Acer-Nitro-VG271P-service-menu/
I tried on my monitor, one thing I did different is after turning on I saw F on the corner of menu and used the navigation stick to go down and got into the service menu.
Don't touch any values in the service menu, just see the panel and exit.

I'm skeptical of the notorious stuck pixel issue with Acer monitors. Previously had XV272U KV, had to replace it twice because of stuck pixels, finally returned it.
Yeah, that can be an issue with almost any panel TBH. The monitor I got from here also has one stuck pixel but it's not noticeable hence I bought it.
You bought the monitor twice and returned it sounds like from amazon only cuz obviously no one else would give you that flexibility.

Warranties don't cover a few (2-4) dead pixels unless they're a lot and hinder the overall picture. I suggest walking into a store and buying if you have that doubt. It's the best option. They can let you check right there and then.

BTW the LG one is already really good although I'm not sure of their aftersales. It was 27K-ish on sale.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,
Can you kindly give your inputs here as well ? Budget around 25K + 27 inch

Just a quick note unless anyone has already posted this:

As far as I understand, the exact same model exists at least on Amazon Germany and UK as "Acer Nitro XV271UM3" or probably should be "Acer Nitro XV271U M3". Item model number UM.HX1EE.302 and UM.HX1EE.303. The one in India is called UM.HX2SI.301 or as the title of this thread "Acer Nitro XV272U V3" -- all perfectly clear and understandable. Thank you Acer..

Just a quick note unless anyone has already posted this:

As far as I understand, the exact same model exists at least on Amazon Germany and UK as "Acer Nitro XV271UM3" or probably should be "Acer Nitro XV271U M3". Item model number UM.HX1EE.302 and UM.HX1EE.303. The one in India is called UM.HX2SI.301 or as the title of this thread "Acer Nitro XV272U V3" -- all perfectly clear and understandable. Thank you Acer..
I have no idea why companies do it.

Then there is Hisesnse selling different products with same name on US & India (check U6K).

10 bit through displayport as per a review. But the US site says 8 bit. So not sure.
1705217481862.png

Looks like 10-bit is supported at 120hz. But not at any of the higher refresh rates - 144, 165 or 180hz.

Is it worth it to tone down the refresh rate to use 10-bit? Especially when most content is supposed to be 8-bit? Not knowledgable on this topic at all.

View attachment 188138

Looks like 10-bit is supported at 120hz. But not at any of the higher refresh rates - 144, 165 or 180hz.

Is it worth it to tone down the refresh rate to use 10-bit? Especially when most content is supposed to be 8-bit? Not knowledgable on this topic at all.
More of a preference really. Try setting it to 10 bit and see for yourself if the bump in visual quality is worth the drop in refresh rate.

Did any of who bought this monitor during the recent sale, got a stuck pixel on your monitor? Even the replacement monitor I got has a stuck pixel.

Even the replacement monitor I got has a stuck pixel.
Welcome to Acer, where QC has been long dead...
You can try your luck again with return and purchase or live with it. Acer won't care for 1 pixel or 10. At this point I see them as you get more dead pixels or bigger issues with more discount. 5% discount would amount to at least 1-2 dead/stuck pixels or grey dust.
You can save the agony by not looking for anymore dead pixels...

Welcome to Acer, where QC has been long dead...
You can try your luck again with return and purchase or live with it. Acer won't care for 1 pixel or 10. At this point I see them as you get more dead pixels or bigger issues with more discount. 5% discount would amount to at least 1-2 dead/stuck pixels or grey dust.
You can save the agony by not looking for anymore dead pixels...
How many stuck pixels did you get?

Back