Graphic Cards 8600 GT or 7600 GT - help me decide !!!

LOL, did you read the article yourself m8...

Lets see

In many cases the 7600 GT was found to be twice as fast as the older 6600 GT and more importantly, the 7600 GT was faster than everything else in the $200 US price range upon release.

I have repeated the same thing, no doubts about it.

are the performance gains enough to justify the upgrade? This is a question I will look to answer in this article. Of course the GeForce 8600 GT is faster than the old 7600 GT and we have seen this in past reviews.

Faster then the 7600GT by some margin....

However, what some readers want to know is how much faster is the new 8600 GT and what games benefit from this added performance? Therefore, this article will look at the performance of both their Nvidia based GPUs in a number of new and old gaming titles.

Hmm, this guy doesnt have a 7600GT and upgrading to 8600GT, that wouldn't make a lot of sense, he wants to buy a new GPU.

Think about it.

LOL, did you read the article yourself m8...
i think u dint...better have a peak at "conclusion" once again...

Hmm, this guy doesnt have a 7600GT and upgrading to 8600GT, that wouldn't make a lot of sense, he wants to buy a new GPU.

Think about it.

hmm... mayb...but jst think mate...and 8600gt isnt nything exceptional..
leavin aside DX10 tag...the performance improval being negligible....doesnt really justify the price...and i wna add it once again....there is no use getting a dx10 cards to play dx9 titles..
hope u got my point...

AND...adding one more point...
there'll b lot of better options thn 8600 gt...once some real gud DX10 games hit the market in around a year n half...
so thn...a 8600 gt..mayb wont even work on a appreciable level..wt it is intended to...

All these benchies have really confused me now !!!

Those at XT Review n Legit Reviews [posted by X Factor] shpw 8600 GT marginally better than 7600 GT -

Those at Legion Hardware [posted by Audiophile 2 Rock] show 'em on par wid each other !!!

BTW Abhishek can da benchies at Trusted Reviews be "trusted" ???

They show 7600 GT as being much better than 8600 GT !!!

Me said:
BTW any chances of further price drops due to AMD n Intel price cuts ???

Also no knows answered this !!!

damn...ur gettin a hella confused....no need to...
think...its jst a f*in card...wid wich u wna hv....some appreciable gameplay.... dont go so deep into there benchies....
bro...get nyone of em" wich u prefer....bt 7600 being tried n tested...is a good bet..to my knowledge....later whn good dx10 titles hit d market...u can put ur hands on a better higher end card available tht time...
so JUST CHILL.....

If you are getting a new card, get a 8600 GT simple, its more or less similarly priced, not to mention there is negligible performance hit. Also you might get H.264 decoding too...

@A2R, what may or maynot happen in the future is totally upto speculation, faster h/w may hit or maynot hit, what happens then can only be speculated.

As for now, this guy needs a card right now...

Lets see

7600GT :

no DX10 compatibility (yes I kno a 8600GT won't be able to handle DX10 games anyways, it's still nice to have something extra though)

no h.264 decoding

8600GT :

similar or better performance, maybe even a lil more better in shader intensive games

similar pricing, a 7600GT still costs 6500 to 7000 in NP, delhi

the OC'd model is faster by around 20-30% (the Galaxy 8600GT @ 7200)

H.264 decoding

So decide yourself, just because the cards are not worthy of a x600 moniker, it doesnt make it anything to scoff at. Period.

As for the query to whether CPU price cuts have effects on GPU prices, Nope they dont.

Also, a2r, why is there no use getting a DX10 card to play DX9 card? performance wise if they are similar/DX10 is better then why not get something for which drivers still get updated, not to mind available at the same price point.

EDIT

Some reliable benchies

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS/GT Performance Preview

These benchmarks have the 8600GT XXX edition, similarly OC'd to the Galaxy 8600GT.

deepak...dnt get me wrong...i was jst..adhering to the market trend...
no wonder..u got a better knowledge bank thn me...
CHEERS!

Btw which brand to go for...if xfx..than for 500 more u get 512mb one...even that one is better..atleast for resale i guess..lolzz

You've made ma decision much more easier Deepak !!!

But da plan got delayed - needed to pay a part of friends Admission fees !!!

Fallen short by a couple of ks !!!

Waitin for da 6th of Aug now [Salary day] !!! :D

Da day's gettin closer now - me diein wid anticipation !!!

BTW which do I go for - XFX or Asus ???

[Suggest none other plz] :D

Its all your choice now man, if you need better overclocking and gaming experience go for XFX. If HDCP is one of the major factors for you, go for ASUS.

And go for 8600GT instead of 7600GT as performance of both the cards are almost same, also the price. Except with 8600 you get additional coverage for DX10! So no worries.

Check the latest prices again...prices have fallen pretty good....i think i saw a GO or something of 8600GT for only Rs. 6200 with 1 year warranty.

Back