80's Kids...

zhopudey

Skilled
May 14, 2005
I had gotten completely used to watching in Hindi. I remember, DBZ used to come in Hindi in the evenings, and same show in english at night. I usually didn't get the TV at night, so used to see in hindi. One day i got lucky, and saw it at night. I thought it was cool getting to watch it in english after long time. It was only after the second ad-break, that I realised the show was in Hindi!!! :S I'm not joking! My brain had developed a dedicated hardware Hindi-to-English translator that was so efficient, I didn't even realise it.
That was how much I was into cartoons. Will start watching again when I get TV Tuner card.

(P.S. Ed, Edd and Eddy in hindi is the worst.)

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Aug 19, 2005
Texel, the Netherlands
www.techenclave.com
Oh no, My loved DBZ in Hindi. Good think i dint see it. I would never see DBZ or any Cartoon/anime in any other launguage than english. Even it was tamil my mother toungue i would still hate it.
P.S. No hard feeling about commenting on languages

XTerminator

Skilled
Dec 17, 2004
www.techenclave.com
saiyan said:
Oh no, My loved DBZ in Hindi. Good think i dint see it. I would never see DBZ or any Cartoon/anime in any other launguage than english. Even it was tamil my mother toungue i would still hate it.
P.S. No hard feeling about commenting on languages
Leave all that.....i have a feeling that Animax is going to go into Hindi as well....:no:
Atleast the advertisements that have started coming are in Hindi..........imagine the likes of Samurai X, Hungry Heart etc. in hindi!!!

And no, its not that i hate hindi....but its the sad sad translation or dubbing...

superczar

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
My favs were Spiderman on Sunday evenings while sipping Rasna ;) I think the sponsor for the program too was Rasna.....

Dunno how many of you would rem' the other programs that used to air back then....World of Sports, and a 30 min Music video show called :) Pop-Time :O that used to air arnd 9-9:3-0 on Wed evenings

And of course, He Man, Knight Rider...

ugh...I feel like a relic fromm the past

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
I remember the original Close Up Antakshari. Followed by Philips Top 10. :p Satish Shah and some others.

Friday evenings were the higlight. we were up till 10:00 And that was something great :bleh:

Aug 24, 2005
...lol i suppose this is why many anime fans hate it when anyone talks about the english dubbed version of a jap toon...it completely destroys it for them..heh