8 Mbps From Airtel

MAYANKGGRWL said:
My Cousin Is Using Airtel Home 699 Plan That Gives Speed Upto 128kbps But Somehow He Has Changed The Router Settings And Is Now Getting Speed Upto 700kbps And The Thing Is He Is Not Telling Me Could Anybody Help

lol...where is he from ?

dipen01 said:
+1

Even rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwith 2mbps.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrI am runnir5555555rrrrrrrrrrr5eng out on good things to download now..rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well so mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrostly i download Hrrrrrrrrrrrrigh Qual movies, etc... but my basic list of things to downlorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrad is oveyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyr...;)

Besides imagine what kinda HDD ull need for 8mbps connection i.e 1MB/s i.e at max u dowrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnload 8rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr4GB/Day...okie u download only at nights...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr40 GB/night ;)
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Also Bluray Disrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcs/Writers arent common yet..so making backups will be heck of a job..;)
rrrrrrrrrr

MAYANKGGRWL said:
My Cousin Is Using Airtel Home 699 Plan That Gives Speed Upto 128kbps But Somehow He Has Changed The Router Settings And Is Now Getting Speed Upto 700kbps And The Thing Is He Is Not Telling Me Could Anybody Help
^^ That's intriguing...I read up a bit abt it some time ago and found that the sppeds in ADSL are controlled the DSLAM , not at the router....so I wonder how that was done... from what I read, the router could only be logged into for some stats (e.g to verify connection epeed and all) ....would someone confirm this ?

^dont believe a single post or in this case a two post wonder..if there ever was such an exploit somebody would have already written a guide for it..we have a lot of networking people in TE who would have noticed this...

The only way the masses are going to get a better broadband connection is when some hard disk / optical disk company ties up/ merges with some isp to aid in providing content. Then we'll have some real competent plans. :rofl:

i feel the need to buy more storage space for my downloads so often now than i did an year ago.

that's the year that was the year of the broadband ;P

Neotheone said:
^^ That's intriguing...I read up a bit abt it some time ago and found that the sppeds in ADSL are controlled the DSLAM , not at the router....so I wonder how that was done... from what I read, the router could only be logged into for some stats (e.g to verify connection epeed and all) ....would someone confirm this ?

they only thing that can be done in router level which can affect speeds is choosing modulation from the available modulation as per DSLAM

Back