70-80k system suggestions for 3D/ Image editing

Look at how pissed Iam at myself, I got a Dell XPS15 L501x (1st Gen Core i5) 2 days before the SNB-Based proccys came out. That's how cruel technology is, can't really do much about it.

thats sad, in the "EPIC" country (germany) im coming from you can return any item within 14 days which would have been very helpful for you. Though i heard that the first mainboards for SNB had pretty severe issues i dont know if that applies for their mobile pendants as well.

regarding PSUs: now i understand what the difference is thanks for that :) i prefer the modular version then, since im a neat-freak i think it enhances airflow as well.

i sent my config to my dealer and awaiting the quote : )) hopefully it will be a happy quote ^^

erratic said:
thats sad, in the "EPIC" country (germany) im coming from you can return any item within 14 days which would have been very helpful for you. Though i heard that the first mainboards for SNB had pretty severe issues i dont know if that applies for their mobile pendants as well.

regarding PSUs: now i understand what the difference is thanks for that :) i prefer the modular version then, since im a neat-freak i think it enhances airflow as well.

i sent my config to my dealer and awaiting the quote : )) hopefully it will be a happy quote ^^

Your'e Welcome ! :)

XPS : I ordered it from the US, so not much I can do sitting here right now, and yeah Please do post some pics of the rig, I for one get a kick out of looking at the pictures :eek:hyeah:

By the way, Congratulations, iHOPE you get a good quote.

:cool2:

erratic said:
regarding the PSU i will properly stick to the HX series which i already have one unit running with just fine. Unless somebody can tell me the difference about HX series and VX and why i should go for an VX series.

l33t said:
VX=Non Modular, HX=Modular, Internals are almost exactly the same, The tempest evo has pretty good cable management room, saving a couple of grand by getting a VX/TX based PSU will be a wise decision. VX range max = 550W , TX range max = 850W afaik, thats just the nomenclature, yeah.

Here's somethign that helps : http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/what-difference-between-corsair-tx-vx-118191.html

This thread made for some good read in its days i guess and still does in some ways > http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/hx620-or-tx650-113827.html

Quite a bit is irrelevant now considering those were early days of 80 plus certified designs, especially for Corsair.

Also since HX series have 7 years replacement warranty over 5 years for TX series iirc, it tips the scales in favour of the HX?

Apart from that, Corsair PSUs now are Corsair's own design implemented by CWT iirc- no Seasonic oem vs CWT oem to mull over for us?

I don't understand much but simply looking at the specs, the efficiency graphs and the fan speed graphs, the new HX750 and higher models seem like totally new designs and a significant improvement over the older HX series too. (i skip the HX650 as it seems more like a TX650 with modular design and rebadging. :p)

Personally, having used 2x HX620s, i feel they have faired better over time than some of the TX750s that some friends have/had- though that does not means was the TX750 a bad PSU

(plus the HX620 had gold-plated pins in all connectors, in case some missed that)

If i want a real quality PSU and do not afford one the higher AX models :drool2:, i surely won't go lower than an HX750- but that's just me. :ashamed:

erratic said:

Good choice but give the HX650 a miss if the reasons mentioned above seem agreeable to you- try to get a HX750 (or something similar/better) imho. :)

http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=124&Itemid=53

TX750 for 6.2k only. :O (and i feel the HX750 price has gone up compared to what it was few months back? :S)

erratic said:
i sent my config to my dealer and awaiting the quote : )) hopefully it will be a happy quote

Do post the quote here- do ask for a break up if he provides just the total amount. :)

l33t said:
Look at how pissed Iam at myself, I got a Dell XPS15 L501x (1st Gen Core i5) 2 days before the SNB-Based proccys came out. That's how cruel technology is, can't really do much about it.

For a seemingly well-informed person like you, it seems very unlikely you didn't anticipate/expect the platform change. So maybe you got a bit too impatient? :p

pegasus said:
For a seemingly well-informed person like you, it seems very unlikely you didn't anticipate/expect the platform change. So maybe you got a bit too impatient? :p

Granny leaving the US in the next week, Dell takes 3 days to fill in an order, I had to take a call, and yeah 2 days later did mean that I wouldn't have a laptop. From the US because of the Dell EPP , all put in an L501x @ 35k did make good sense :p But yeah SNB would have been WIN! for me.

As requested some piccies (sorry for the quality^^) as well as the total cost of the system :)

[attachment=7895:14098.attach]

# Model Price
1 Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz + Asus P8P67 B3 Rev.Motherboard 28000
2 WD Caviar Black WD1001FAEX, 64mb cache 8600
1 MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC 14500
1 Nzxt TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series 5500
1 Gskill F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL (4Gx6) 10800
1 Corsair HX750W Profe.Power Supply* 8300
1 HP DVD1260I, SATA 1000

2 Dell IN2020M 20inch W HD Monitor LED 12200

10 TOTAL 88900

*(@ pegasus thanks changed to a "HX750")

BIG THANKS to all of you and have a nice weekend!

:: e ::

Attachments

• Setup_s.jpg
    Setup_s.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Christmas_s.jpg
    Christmas_s.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 124
Back