PC Peripherals 24 pin psu????

thnx for the hlp master........
@Sunny .....thts wht??...i knew he had the sli mobo....if he had the dfi 1 he wud definately b using tht

hey darky dude....can u get me 1 too

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno, if the DFI was available, then why did darky get the ASUS one instead?? :p

ur best bet wud be someone coming frm the US, u tell them to bring the voard for you.

Few years back,DFI was available in India thru Zeta Technologies but unfortunately they stopped dealing with DFI as response was luke warm.
Also now Zeta does not exist.I guess RP Tech took over them.

That board gave me hell lot of problems.
Also think before buying DFI boards.
They are awesome when it comes to overclocking[NF4 series] but they equally serious stability issues.
If you want to do ONLY overclocking,then go for it otherwise try to get board that is evenly balance,giving enough OC potential as well as rock solid stability [aka Asus...hehehhe..lol..i know i am biased]

YUP diff users diff opinions :cool2: .....
But DFI has = probs compared to asus.......all bios related for dfi afaik...
also dfi has come out far away from whr they wer bout a yrs ago...
also wht probs with the dfi nf4 ultra darky?? :huh:

HeHe, Darky might have a point. I came across this sometime back on HardOCP

Once again we saw a DFI motherboard fail when it comes to long-term stress testing. By “long-term,†we mean in excess of 24 hours. While most of the latest heavy hitters from the likes of ABIT, ASUS, and MSI will literally run error free for days under 100% load, that is not the experience we have had with DFI motherboards. While this seems to put a really bad spin on the DFI nF4 SLI-DR, in reality it does not at all. Our DFI nF4 SLI-DR would many times run 8 to 16 hours error-free under severe temperature conditions while pulling a heavy workload. Quite frankly I doubt that many end users would actually see any impact from this shortcoming, but still the DFI nF4 SLI-DR does not pass our normal testing. That said, when most motherboards fail under our stress testing, we usually see them fail in the first couple of hours if not minutes and this is of course unacceptable. While the DFI nF4 SLI-DR does not totally blow us away in the stability department, it certainly does not put in a bad showing.

On the flip side of the coin, Wesley Fink, the AnandTech Editor has commented that he and several Editors from other sites appear to have not encountered such a problem. Some boards appear to have failed at Xtremesystems but that could be because of obvious reasons. You never know :S

Darky ! How's Asus mobo support here ? And BTW Rashi has been out of stock with the A8N for the past couple of weeks ! U know anything about it ?

JediMaster said:
HeHe, Darky might have a point. I came across this sometime back on HardOCP

On the flip side of the coin, Wesley Fink, the AnandTech Editor has commented that he and several Editors from other sites appear to have not encountered such a problem. Some boards appear to have failed at Xtremesystems but that could be because of obvious reasons. You never know :S

Darky ! How's Asus mobo support here ? And BTW Rashi has been out of stock with the A8N for the past couple of weeks ! U know anything about it ?

The support for Asus boards is very good.I never experienced any problems.GENERALLY Asus High End boards rarely go kaput,its the cheaper ones that come up with minor problems.Still support is decent.
Since Asus is officially in India,you can always go to them in worst case scenario,it help.I am telling this from personal experience. ;)

yes i know that A8N is outta stock for some time now.Apollyon is gonna go crazy now as he also is waiting for a long time.Phew,i got my board very early. :p .I am very impatient , i cant wait so long for the apple of my eyes to arrive :D

Hmmmm......mayb ur rit......but u knw evry1 has diff opinions bout thier board.......hav read on many forums tht ppl hav stability probs with thier a8n sli...ot tht it has bugs.....but thts whr u can get the support.
thnx Darky.
nyways ....had made up my mind on a DFI this time nd i think i will go wit it.....cant get the UV reactive outta my head:)
But 1st my 9800pro has gotta go:(

well i just saw a8n sli in stock with the dealer here.
My friend too got 1 4 days ago.
It depends on the supplier and dealer. couple of dealers leach all the stock and so rest dosent get many.
I go tmine from Mnemonice systems with just 1 day wait.

i think u need a 24 pin PSU only if ur using a PCI-Express card which really takes up power from the mobo now
else here is no need
converter in not at all needed

Hmmmmm..........evry pci-e board does not hav a 24-pin connector.....so i dnt think ur point of evry board having a pci-e slot shud need a 24-pin???
nd yes convertor isnt needed....thts true...but only to b on the safe side ppl can use 1.
thnx for the help guys

Back