2* Win 8 keys for 900 bucks from Dreamspark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of topic question -

I purchased a Win8 Laptop from Croma store yesterday and I asked them for the installed Win8 keys and they said there is no key and they can't provide any....
I asked if some day I want to format and reinstall Win8 then what key to be entered....he said there is a recovery button....you press it and system will be reset to factory default....no need to reinstall Win8

Can anybody guide me on this. I am confused
Use a utility such as the one mentioned in the above post to find out your OEM key. Save it for future reference. Windows 8 not like Windows 7. Yes, you can reinstall Windows 8, but the in-built 'Reset' option is the best. Also, while resetting your laptop, Windows 8 will never ask for your OEM key as it'll automatically fetch the same from your laptop's BIOS/recovery partition. Don't delete the recovery partition. Retail/another user's OEM ISO will not work on your OEM system, so don't even bother asking your friends for Windows 8 installation disk.

Out of topic question -

I purchased a Win8 Laptop from Croma store yesterday and I asked them for the installed Win8 keys and they said there is no key and they can't provide any....
I asked if some day I want to format and reinstall Win8 then what key to be entered....he said there is a recovery button....you press it and system will be reset to factory default....no need to reinstall Win8

Can anybody guide me on this. I am confused
same purchased 10 pcs from HP and no Win 8 key . Said its in recovery partition . asked the same question to HP dealer then customer care that if due to virus the recovery partition is corrupted then what to do . The answer was unbelievable - call MS . I was surprised and blasted him that when invoice reads pre loaded OS I want my Win 8 key . So what to do except using this keyfinder . Key finder is not recommended because finally there will be 200 PCs and doing the key finder thing on 200 PCs will be a pain

same purchased 10 pcs from HP and no Win 8 key . Said its in recovery partition . asked the same question to HP dealer then customer care that if due to virus the recovery partition is corrupted then what to do . The answer was unbelievable - call MS . I was surprised and blasted him that when invoice reads pre loaded OS I want my Win 8 key . So what to do except using this keyfinder . Key finder is not recommended because finally there will be 200 PCs and doing the key finder thing on 200 PCs will be a pain

Oh
That's very bad move by hp
What will hp do incase of hard disc failure.?
Write to some higher executives to get your problem solved.

Oh
That's very bad move by hp
What will hp do incase of hard disc failure.?
Write to some higher executives to get your problem solved.

The problem will come when the laptop is out of warranty . Please go for the extra effort and get the key for those 200 pcs .

They are desktops , i3 , 4GB , 500 GB

Believe me HP ASS is filled with ASS's . They will find Unique alibi's just to make you pay . I know it will be a strenuous task but you will be happy after experiencing HP ASS . Google hp After sales and you will know what i am talking about

Believe me HP ASS is filled with ASS's . They will find Unique alibi's just to make you pay . I know it will be a strenuous task but you will be happy after experiencing HP ASS . Google hp After sales and you will know what i am talking about
Dont worry i am not gonna leave them . If HP cannot give it to me , then the HP dealer will use the keyfinder on all and give it to me . Why should i do his work .....

Is the office link closed?

I am getting the below mentioned message

kooabs03, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I got only 2 win 8 keys....the French, Dutch and Chinese pack links says "This item is not currently available for purchase."...

Anybody have any problems getting Office 365 home premium working with this? I have not been able to activate my copy of Office 365. I keep getting an Office has stopped working error message...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back