1.5T A/C - Panasonic, Daikin, Hitachi, OGeneral - Sub 35k - Ratings be damned

In that case, I have the following queries.

1. Should I stick to brand shops or look around in other shops as well?

2. Do all brand shops provide free installation (if yes then I have to add 1500 to other shops asking price)?

3. Do brand shops exchange A/Cs?

1 - Check for the Hitachi Dealer first, probably they will give you a better discount. Here in Chennai the Hitachi AC's are sold at minimum 10% less than the actual MRP

2 - I havent seen any shops which provide free installation. Those are already included as hidden costs. I am not sure about Delhi though

3 - Yes, most of the branded shops do take old AC's but at a much lower rate. Here in chennai there are a lot of guys who take old AC's. I sold my 8 year old Voltas window AC for 4.5K. These guys do this as a business. So check out your local newspaper for any ad's.

1 - Check for the Hitachi Dealer first, probably they will give you a better discount. Here in Chennai the Hitachi AC's are sold at minimum 10% less than the actual MRP

2 - I havent seen any shops which provide free installation. Those are already included as hidden costs. I am not sure about Delhi though

3 - Yes, most of the branded shops do take old AC's but at a much lower rate. Here in chennai there are a lot of guys who take old AC's. I sold my 8 year old Voltas window AC for 4.5K. These guys do this as a business. So check out your local newspaper for any ad's.

Im being offered Hitachi Ace Cutout for 37K + 1.5k installation - 2.5k for old a/c

Seems high on the price an low on exchange rate
<

I do not anyone in Delhi who would buy an old a/c for around that price.

Can't even find Hitachi Brand shops ATM. The one near my area is useless.

Im being offered Hitachi Ace Cutout for 37K + 1.5k installation - 2.5k for old a/c

Seems high on the price an low on exchange rate
<

I do not anyone in Delhi who would buy an old a/c for around that price.

Can't even find Hitachi Brand shops ATM. The one near my area is useless.

37K for ace cut out is not a bad price. Exchange price seems to be on the lower side though. Does Delhi have any big retailer who sells all AC brands under one roof????

Just check with justdial and ask for Hitachi Airconditioner dealers Ph#. They should be able to assist you in finding out.

37K for ace cut out is not a bad price. Exchange price seems to be on the lower side though. Does Delhi have any big retailer who sells all AC brands under one roof????

Just check with justdial and ask for Hitachi Airconditioner dealers Ph#. They should be able to assist you in finding out.

Did that. 37K is the cheapest I've got thus far, average being around 37.5K. Most markets are closed on Monday so will resume the hunt tomorrow.

Most of the people here do that (selling all brands under one roof).

AC price is okay, check small local electrical shops for selling old AC. I sold a 20 year old voltas 1Ton for 4k last year.

I agree that these companies do not compromise on quality. However the packaging differs. The ones imported comes with a wooden base which does protect the units. I found the recent indian made units and you can find the condensor coil fins damaged or bent.

+1 to that. I bought O General made in Thialand and it had a wooden rack on which the box was fixed so no damage would occur.

Will have to work pretty hard to get a Daikin made outside India unless I get last year's model.

Problem with Daikin is that all their 1.5T models top off at 17750 BTU/Hr which is much less than Hitachi.

In my opinion 17750BTU/Hr and 18000 BTU/Hr is not a difference you should fret over. If its technically 1.5Ton or 1.49Ton wont make a world of a difference. Cooling would be incresed by only 1.5% and a good brand easily makes up more than this difference with their superior design.

I would personally buy a 17500BTU or even a 17000 BTU Daikin, over a 18200BTU Samsung/LG etc.

AC price is okay, check small local electrical shops for selling old AC. I sold a 20 year old voltas 1Ton for 4k last year.

+1 to that. I bought O General made in Thialand and it had a wooden rack on which the box was fixed so no damage would occur.

In my opinion 17750BTU/Hr and 18000 BTU/Hr is not a difference you should fret over. If its technically 1.5Ton or 1.49Ton wont make a world of a difference. Cooling would be incresed by only 1.5% and a good brand easily makes up more than this difference with their superior design.

I would personally buy a 17500BTU or even a 17000 BTU Daikin, over a 18200BTU Samsung/LG etc.

I will have to roam around the market this weekend or find a scrap dealer. Its very hot, me dying
<

True, even I wouldn't get a 18200 BTU Samsung or LG. But then we are talking of a fight between Hitachi and Daikin.

Is it me or are Daikin loud compared to Hitachi?

hey guys even i need an ac in coming months, from only Ogeneral but i can't find any online catalog where i can compare features, i generally want 2x 1T and one 1.5T all for under 100k INR power consumption is not an issue but should be easy for maintenance.

only 2 ogeneral ACs??? they dont even have price mentioned in their page.

5 units are specified in the tech. specs. Not sure where you're looking!

Not all manufacturers mention the MRP on their websites since the retail pricing is a lot lesser and tends to vary from place to place.

hey guys even i need an ac in coming months, from only Ogeneral but i can't find any online catalog where i can compare features, i generally want 2x 1T and one 1.5T all for under 100k INR power consumption is not an issue but should be easy for maintenance.

Just the 1.5T will set you back 45K. I do not know how you expect to get everything stated in 1L.

I will have to roam around the market this weekend or find a scrap dealer. Its very hot, me dying
<

True, even I wouldn't get a 18200 BTU Samsung or LG. But then we are talking of a fight between Hitachi and Daikin.

Is it me or are Daikin loud compared to Hitachi?

As kishore .chander said Ogeneral, Hitachi and Daikin are in the same league.

I think Hitachi is as good as Daikin, just buy the one which you find easily.

Hitachi is the winner so looking at those models only.

Would it make much of a difference if I bough a 2011 model instead of 2012?

well than, if its worth it, then upto 150k is fine

I think you could manage in 1.2L

O'General A/Cs are generally worth it, but as I have been told Hitachi falls in the same league, so why don't you check them out too.

Atleast they look a bit better that O'General and performance is at par with better pricing.

Hitachi is the winner so looking at those models only.

Would it make much of a difference if I bough a 2011 model instead of 2012?

Not much. But you have better compressor which works more efficiently. You know that what the 5* this year would become 4* in 2013. But for Home use this does not make any difference.

Back