Graphic Cards My 9600GT not performing as expected EDIT: Card is fake!

raxy

Disciple
pls help me i have purchased a 9600gt,but it is not performing any good.....
my specs are following

proc:- core 2 duo e7500

mobo:- asus p5n73-am

ram:-2 gb kingston (800)

psu :-intex 450w

actually i purchased it from nehru palace in delhi from some shop called cost to cost,it was very cheap 4.2 k,i have already been to the shop and told them its not good but they just showed me its name on system startup , but i think its fake, pls help me i am a budget gamer and cant afford to buy it again.

First things first, change your PSU. Its generic one and although it can run your system, but these gerenic ones arn't very reliable.
It would have cut if you were on onboard video, but since you have a GPU, a PSU upgrade is recommended.

Secondly, I highly doubt that C2C would be selling fake products. What co. is it of?

rajan1311 said:
4.2k is fine....you would have got the DDR2 version instead of the GDDR3 :bleh:

yup...this might just be the case...cost to cost is a good shop..i go there often..they don't cheat customers...they cant...they have literally thousands daily..if they start cheating..they'll get ruined...

m0h1t said:
First things first, change your PSU. Its generic one and although it can run your system, but these gerenic ones arn't very reliable.

It would have cut if you were on onboard video, but since you have a GPU, a PSU upgrade is recommended.

Secondly, I highly doubt that C2C would be selling fake products. What co. is it of?

ok i will try changing the psu,its of geforce.

rajan1311 said:
4.2k is fine....you would have got the DDR2 version instead of the GDDR3 :bleh:

no i have checked in cpu-z its a GDDR3 version.

comp@ddict said:
yup...this might just be the case...cost to cost is a good shop..i go there often..they don't cheat customers...they cant...they have literally thousands daily..if they start cheating..they'll get ruined...

i know its a good shop i have purchased many things from them.......i am not

blaming them , the thing is what if the graphics card is faulty....

raxy said:
ok i will try changing the psu,its of geforce.
No dude, See Gefore 9600GT is the model no, Nvidia is the licencing company who own the product design/technology.
I'm asking about the manufacturing co., like MSI, EVGA, XFX ,etc

change your psu before it makes you change your whole machine... play safe.

invest in atleast VIP 400-500W OR cm extremepower 460W

raxy said:

Before anyone can truly help you, you have to change that psu to something good and help yourself. :)

Even God helps those who help themselves. :p

Also, to enable others to pinpoint the issue, what do you mean by " not performing any good"?

Are you comparing it to something you had before or what? :S

raxy said:

my specs are following

proc:- core 2 duo e7500

mobo:- asus p5n73-am

ram:-2 gb kingston (800)

psu :-intex 450w

actually i purchased it from nehru palace in delhi from some shop called cost to cost,it was very cheap 4.2 k,i have already been to the shop and told them its not good but they just showed me its name on system startup , but i think its fake, pls help me i am a budget gamer and cant afford to buy it again.

What do you mean by it is not performing any good..... , you cant expect to run crysis at 1600*1200 with it . What games do you play and at what resolution .

m0h1t said:
No dude, See Gefore 9600GT is the model no, Nvidia is the licencing company who own the product design/technology.
I'm asking about the manufacturing co., like MSI, EVGA, XFX ,etc
ok i know what u mean dude but believe me theres only geforce written on the box.

Front:-
img1682s.jpg

Back:-
img1683wn.jpg

^^cant see it.

download gpu-z, google for download link and post screenshot here.

As others suggested help urself by changing the psu.

rohan_mhtr said:
What do you mean by it is not performing any good..... , you cant expect to run crysis at 1600*1200 with it . What games do you play and at what resolution .

i mean i just borrowed an ati radeon hd 4670 from a friend and its performing way better than my 9600gt,if i am not mistaken 9600gt is better than it:(, i play dmc4, st4 and burnout paradise but all at low settings at 1024 x 768.

WingZero said:
^^cant see it.

download gpu-z, google for download link and post screenshot here.
As others suggested help urself by changing the psu.

ok here is gpu-z screenshot

img1688j.jpg

Back