Which notebook compares to 13" MacBook Air 2013 ?

Then just go for the new MBA. I personally find it's resolution pretty ok...heck in fact It has taken my quite a while to get accustomed to 1080p on my 17.3" laptop. I think also the bad scaling options in Windows is to blame.

Hey thanks buddy. Will visit the reliance store today for a demo and availability :).

Added Later: Any place to get a discount on apple products. Snapdeal has last gen Macbook Air at 10% discount. I believe there used to be a student discount. Is it available any more.

Just came beck from Reliance outlet. There is good news as well as bad news. Bad news first. The 2013(Haswell) Macbooks are yet not available in India and they will take atlest 1.5 months for them to arrive here in India officially. Now the Good news... Apple has introduced wonderful discounts on all the Macbooks. The ones which I was interested in are as follows:

Macbook Air 13" 2012 Original price 81900 Discounted Price 65706
Macbook Pro 13" 2012 Original price 81900 Discounted Price 69900
Macbook Ret 13" 2012 Original price 99900 Discounted Price 87900
The prices looks really good compared to current US prices. Heck its coming out lower in India with 6% Tax and Rs 57 talking as dollar value. Seriously thinking about the Retina as the price seems really tempting.

Am I :p... Here is a comparision:

Advantage Retina:
Lovely sharp HiRes LCD display
Additional 4GB RAM(Remember you cant upgrade RAM on these)
HDMi port
Slightly faster proccy
Yummy price :p

Advantage Air:
Dimensions
Battery life
Faster graphics
Faster SSD
Latest WiFi standards
Proccy performs almost same @ peek speeds

The normal MBP is just too expensive for what it offers. People have told me to get the Pro cause it can be upgraded. My argument is that if I upgrade the SSD and the RAM to 128GB and 4GB respectively then the price is almost the same as the Retina with the SSD bay. I lose on the dimensions as well as the amazing display of the Retina. Plus it has an even inferior screen reolution as compared to MBA so Normal MBP is just out of the picture.
Choices :p

The Retina sounds great. If you don't really need 12hrs of battery life then the MBPr 13 should serve you well.
I am in the market for a similar product as well but will most probably settle for the Lenovo Twist (if I go the tablet way) or the new Acer S3. Both of these won't cost me more than 60k.

Also there still is student discount ~8% and professor discount ~14% available if you buy from the retail outlets which are also known as Apple education partners.

Also there still is student discount ~8% and professor discount ~14% available if you buy from the retail outlets which are also known as Apple education partners.

I believe there is no Apple retail outlet here in India. Also the 14% discount which you are talking about would be for US teachers only. Finally has the prices of MacBook Pro 13" increased from $999 to $1199 as everybody on the US forums quotes that price.

Based on your first post, I would say wait for the 2013 MBA 13 inch model and buy that :) unless you really want the Retina display of the MBP.[DOUBLEPOST=1371535255][/DOUBLEPOST]Faster SSD (PCIe based), better proccy (Intel HD 5000) and great battery life! Not to mention the ultrabook form factor.

My vote goes to MBA 13". I am looking to buy it too. But I need i7 with 8GB RAM and 512 GB SSD. Problem with Retina PRO is it gets too hot and battery life is just 3+ hours if you are doing something serious (coding in my case). When I was in US for shareholder meeting, I was given a Retina PRO and I didn't like it much more then my usual HP.

There was an ad in newspaper 2 days ago for Rs. 12000 student discount? Can you get that with MBA 13"?[DOUBLEPOST=1371549704][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you please share your experience ? As I understand it is about last generation MBA and as I understand the display has not been changed. I have used MBA in person (for short time) but didn't notice any eyeburn ? Please share your experience.

I believe there is no Apple retail outlet here in India. Also the 14% discount which you are talking about would be for US teachers only. Finally has the prices of MacBook Pro 13" increased from $999 to $1199 as everybody on the US forums quotes that price.

The 14% professor discount is available in India. I have confirmed with an Apple Authorised reseller in Chandigarh when I was looking to buy an Air for a friend. My friend ended up getting the student discount.

Hell yeah... Waiting for them to announce the 15 incher.

The previous Series 9 15 inchers were superb. I have a feeling the 13" will cost $1500 or so.

13" Lite will cost around $450-600. It has AMD Kabini inside it. Cold boot time is rated at just 8 seconds. :)

I am surprised no one has mentioned "sony vaio pro 11 and 13"
Its supposed to be lighter than mac book air and offers similar specs.
It will be out soon. Flipkart has a page for it, this could mean launch is very soon.

Back