Which computer/electronics companies have you had bad experiences with?

When it comes to laptops, PCs, graphics cards, cell phones, MP3 players or whatever else it is that comes to your mind.

Any companies which you swear against and would never consider buying from (unless of course they came up with a good product)?

Earphones, all of them.
Every year I have to buy a new one. Either the left or the right one pops up just after warranty ends. :(
Apart from that, my toast maker .
Also my laptop turn off from heating.
My wifi router keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting.

I have the same problem with earphones. 3 pairs of Creative EP630s in the last 5 years. On my 4th one now. I buy them because they're good sound wise or maybe because I'm just stupid for not inquiring about other earphones which are just as good (or better) but cheaper.

With Earphones I never had such issues except EP630. After which I had used Sound Magic PL11 - washed in waahing machine, Brainwavz M1 - lost last year at Wankhede, Tekfusion Twinwoofers - my bro uses them now and Vsonic GR02 BE - i m using since 7-8 months.

Asus motherboards used to give me nightmares. Failing everytime in september-october.

Tagan power supply had two, both stopped working just after warranty got over and had many quirks, got a gs600 now, and also the low end Gigabyte motherboards both 780g and another on both got burnt, but warranty saved me there, in headphones in using sound magic ones working good but with a very rare lose connection sometimes, but it's almost 2 years old.

With Earphones I never had such issues except EP630. After which I had used Sound Magic PL11 - washed in waahing machine, Brainwavz M1 - lost last year at Wankhede, Tekfusion Twinwoofers - my bro uses them now and Vsonic GR02 BE - i m using since 7-8 months.

Asus motherboards used to give me nightmares. Failing everytime in september-october.

Just checked the PL11 out. It's a few hundreds more expensive than the EP630. But that's okay I guess if it lasts that much longer or more, with respect to the price, and if the sound quality is good.

I thought Asus was known for quality when it came to motherboards. Don't know though.

Just checked the PL11 out. It's a few hundreds more expensive than the EP630. But that's okay I guess if it lasts that much longer or more, with respect to the price, and if the sound quality is good.

I thought Asus was known for quality when it came to motherboards. Don't know though.

When I was using PL11 it was costing 500 bucks from primeabgb. I could recollect well that I had bought one more pair of them for my friend later on for 650.

Asus boards had strange issue for me. I had first P5K - P35 chipset in April 2008 for 7700 IIRC. Failed in September next year. I paid 1000 and got P5Q - P45 chipset. It died in october 2010. At that time no more P5Q were available and I was being offered a P55 chipset board for which I had to change my Proccy and RAM. So I denied and Rashi gave me cheque of Rs.7000. Every time I give board for RMA my PC would remain shut for a month. Later on I ditched Asus and started using Gigabyte board. Using 880G chipset from January last year, working perfectly fine.
Also my Cooler Master power supply had went kaput. It was 2007-8 times. In near past my Kingston SSD - within 20 days of buying and Tekfusion Twinwoofers were gone through RMA. Last RMA was WD 1TB Green which was after 3.5 years of use.

Overall Good experience with Corsair (for pendrive). Above average with WD, Tekfusion and Kingston. Below average with Asus - mostly due to Rashi.

I guess every manufacturer manufactures a few defective pieces. It's probably inevitable. It's the brands which have too many problems with their products and a relatively large number of customer dissatisfaction complaints that one must be weary of.

Electrolux took seven months to fix our microwave.
Siemens gave parts and support for nearly ten years on our fridge.
Extremes eh?

I wont be buying HTC product too. My HTC Explorer's back battery case had broken from top, which is wide issue on XDA too. I went to their service center, morons dint had any estimation for back cover and asked me deposit my cell. I was like :eek:, depositing cell for just a back battery cover. Contacted their Customer care via mail and got reply as their backend team will inspect and that team is in Pune and not in Mumbai. Are you serious ?

@axeman 10 years is real long one. People do not keep equipment they have purchased for that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
- RAZER Deathadder - Misses clicks and other issues and only 1 year warranty . Razer products are quite unreliable when you compare to logitech . 1 yr warranty is less for the price you pay

RAZER products should be boycotted across tech forums via a petition . Overseas the warranty is more than 1 yr afaik .

Transcend - good brand , bad service .

- RAZER Deathadder - Misses clicks and other issues and only 1 year warranty . Razer products are quite unreliable when you compare to logitech . 1 yr warranty is less for the price you pay

RAZER products should be boycotted across tech forums via a petition . Overseas the warranty is more than 1 yr afaik .

Transcend - good brand , bad service .

Totally agree, i am using deathadder since more than 2 years now and have faced the missing left click issue many times. I think their products are manufactured by keeping in mind that people buy gaming mice every year.

Certainly i will not buy any razer mouse again. Though i think they have improved their build quality in 2013 edition but still.

I wont be buying HTC product too. My HTC Explorer's back battery case had broken from top, which is wide issue on XDA too. I went to their service center, morons dint had any estimation for back cover and asked me deposit my cell. I was like :eek:, depositing cell for just a back battery cover. Contacted their Customer care via mail and got reply as their backend team will inspect and that team is in Pune and not in Mumbai. Are you serious ?

@axeman 10 years is real long one. People do not keep equipment they have purchased for that long.
They have a official policy on some models to keep parts for do long apparently. we had to get a new one just because parts were not going to be available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same problem with Razer DeathAdder mouse. I left PC gaming because of the issues and haven't picked up playing since then as I developed interest in other hobbies.

I had ordered few months ago Steelseries 7G keyboard and Steelseries Fnatic Gaming mouse from their official site,

damm they had taken 2 week to ship the item from warehouse, and i have to waste lot of time emailing and calling them, to ship both items in one package, really headache, from that decided, no more order from steelseries :(

I had ordered few months ago Steelseries 7G keyboard and Steelseries Fnatic Gaming mouse from their official site,

damm they had taken 2 week to ship the item from warehouse, and i have to waste lot of time emailing and calling them, to ship both items in one package, really headache, from that decided, no more order from steelseries :(
Seriously, this is the gripe? What about the product? It is one of the best keyboards and mouse according to reviews, that should matter the most.

Habu mouse, bought from prime, replaced close to five times in three years due to defective tracking, by Microsoft.

Back