what is cricket for you?

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Cricket is the game so worshipped and followed in our subcontinent. So what is cricket for you -

1) A Short length pitch with a single bounce and a catch being ruled out with over 6 people fielding right in front of your bat. Touch the ball and it counts as a run while you leave it 3 times you are out.

2) run to the crease and if you cant make it, throw the bat and claim that you are not out because the bat has reached its destination :):feeling proud::
<
)

3) hit the ball thrown at ur legs standing in a circle drawn and count the number of rotations u could make before someone gets hold of the ball again as runs (french cricket as we call it
<
)

these are some of them for me, add more of your cricket here.

Not really a great game. But its the only one we Indians seem to have some chance of winning (maybe because there are very few other countries that are interested in playing it). And as a poor nation there aren't really many other sports that we can fund to become good at.

Schools hate the idea of students doing anything besides excelling in academics. Cricket is the only sport that barely survives the relentless criticism and makes it through.

When I tell my friends that I have interest in football, basketball but not cricket, they laugh at me....!

I am not against cricket, there was a time when I used to watch India v/s Pakistan matches, but now we have a match everyday, be it IPL or something else !! Cricket has lost its meaning in my opinion.

interesting to see cricket haters here.. but I am equally happy that cricket is no more a religion for at least some of us. keep contributing..

Well, Cricket is a very good game. In fact, great game. But the real game is nearly dead now. Think, around 10-15 years back, we used to watch those Test Cricket matches, One day matches everything was worth watching. Now a days, T20 factor made it more business, less sport. And I feel, people just play for money, not for fun. They don't care if they loose. All they know is they are gonna get paid for it. I wish, BCCI will stop arranging IPL every year. It is very harmful for cricket. Players are not interested in their own Country's team but they want to come here and play for money.

lost interest after the match fixing scanda during azhar time,. Also now a days every month there will be some series or other, so wont be missing anything even if i miss one match because there will be another series anyway in a weeks time.

actually there is too much cricket and matches are getting bored. As some one said, people whom i met felt suprised(here and in aus) when i say i dont watch cricket instead prefer to watch f1, tennis and golf !!..

Back