Website Name Suggest.

Compiler

Adept
Feb 4, 2010
IDMB.com or IDMB.in (Common mistake people do while searching for IMDB) Check if that available

people get confused you will get more hit this way.

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Nov 19, 2008
Bangalore
+1 for IMDB.in -- before jumping on to a name go to Google analytics, adwords, trends and research the common keywords people have been searching. Then try the permutations on them to get a good title for your website.

Jun 24, 2008
Bengaluru
www.siddanthadiga.com
IDMB.com or IDMB.in (Common mistake people do while searching for IMDB) Check if that available

people get confused you will get more hit this way.

squatting eh
<

moviedb.com ?

challapradyumna

Skilled
Aug 11, 2011
Bangalore
Only Domain Available in Above suggestions is filmidabba.com .

Here are some which are available(.com) - flickenza , flickape , flickbee , moviesorg , twwwd

Some keywords to help - movie,film,flick,black ticket,ddb(Digital Database)

For now the site only consists only telugu movies , so you can use that too.

challapradyumna

Skilled
Aug 11, 2011
Bangalore
So what was the motivation behind the site? Is it for telugu movies exclusive?

Started as a learning project and soon evolved into a real one. I wanted to see how much can i imitate IMDB.com . Basically mine is a clone to IMDB.com . Planning to release in all languages , need some help for launching in different languages.

Plannig to take www.tmdb.info @ godaddy rs108 @ namecheap $3 which one to go??

techygeek

Adept
Mar 5, 2009
Mumbai
^heard about people transferring their domains from godaddy due to their support for SOPA.

so better go with namecheap.

btw why .info?

ch@ts

Skilled
Jun 13, 2005
Use this code - BIGGAME1 @godaddy. If it's still working you can get a .com for $1.

Get the domain on the cheap, and transfer it out later.

thatsashok

Adept
Feb 7, 2011
Nashik / AP
Use this code - BIGGAME1 @godaddy. If it's still working you can get a .com for $1.

Get the domain on the cheap, and transfer it out later.

This is right if you ask me as namecheap has the best transfer offers whenever it be. So domain from any good registrar and then shift to namecheap is best and economical.

thatsashok

Adept
Feb 7, 2011
Nashik / AP
Just a bit of Suggestion #challapradyumna. Do not make another site like Gulte(Who Literally write in favour of Mega family)

sees... rubs eyes...gulte talk on TE ??

AFAIK he is learning to code websites using PHP and SQL. He wanted to apply what he learned. So he took up imitating IMDb as a project. Thats all.

#swatkats ya already there are numerous sites like gulte and idlebrain. Gosh man idlebrain completed 11 years.

BTW #challapradyumna nameceap has a february offer going on do check that

challapradyumna

Skilled
Aug 11, 2011
Bangalore
#swatkats My site is not a Dediacted News Portal . But yes news is a part of the site. #thatsashok I didn't find that offer anyway .info extensions never get any offer they are already cheap
<

thatsashok

Adept
Feb 7, 2011
Nashik / AP
Its on their twitter and fb page. But february did not start already right? If you eant to transfer old domains or something use can use it too.

It's February! Our newest coupon code for domain registrations/transfers is DOMAININ. Valid on com/net/org/biz/in TLDs - limited use coupon!