Storage Solutions WD 640G HDD Crashed - Need Help

Hi All,

My WD 640GB HDD crashed and I am desperate to get the data back from the drive. I have been consulting with a HDD recovery team and one possible solution is to get a replacement PCB from a similar 640GB drive. I now need a WD 640GB HDD from which i would take out the PCB and put it in my drive. My drive has the below mentioned Specs and I need a drive with the same specs.

I am ready to shell out either Rs 5000/- or an exchange with my 1TB for the WD 640 GB. Intereseted people can PM me.

WD 640 GB SPECS:
Model: WD6400AAKS-22A7B0
DCM: HHNNNT2CHB
Date: 17-Jun-2008

From PCB:
2061-701537-E00 07P
2060-701537-003 REVA

NO, what I meant was using recovery software like R Studio etc? If the drive shows up, there is a very good chance you can recover almost all of it.

Better connect your HDD to any one of your friends HDD and it would get detect ,i guess, then use the data recovery softwares which are in Hirens Boot CD.

or Use Hirens Live Boot CD ,it has lot of data recovery softwares.

Use those softwares to recover HDD.

Dear Vivek and Nishu,

My sincere thanks for the guidance you are offering.

But I can confirm that all the necessary actions have been tried and tested already.

As I said in the begining, only option left is to connect another (working) PCB and then recover the data.

I also know that there are data recovery companies, but have been informed by many of them that the PCB is not easily available and that PCB is required from exactly same stats HDD.

Having said that, I will wait for someone with similar HDD (exactly matching DCD and PCB versions) to test further. Thanks to let know, if you have one !

Also, speak to sunny27. He might know someone who could help ya. Else, IMO, if you can spend around 7.5K, get it from US from the ebay link posted.

Back