User Review Vowifi issue with jio and how I solved it via cloudflare dns... But...

Been using my LG g8x thinq since long as personal phone and I was always wondering why the network is so bad at home coz I believed vowifi would kick in as soon as I am in a wifi network... (the jio signals are pretty low at my resusence)

I never realised that wifi calling wasn't working in my phone despite it being activated..(didn't pay enough attention to the fact that the vowifi icon wasn't there in my status bar uptop)
As vowifi was given priority by default hence whenever I was on a wifi network the volte used to behave erratically.

So after reading stuff, I realised wifi calling on jio is kind of a touchy business it doesn't always work with certain ISPs and certain dns addresses.
After some hit and trial I realised that the ad guard private dns that I was using wasn't letting me use wifi calling on jio.
Even the dns.google or the automatic option was also no good.

Today I added
1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com
As private dns address in my phone settings and now after almost many many months (may be more) I was able to switch to WiFi calling while on a WiFi network.

All is well but the ads are back, ad guard dns used to block them wonderfully well...
Was wondering if there is any other dns address that can block ads and wouldn't interfere with WiFi calling as well

Thanks

Last edited:
Been using my LG g8x thinq since long as personal phone and I was always wondering why the network is so bad at home..

I never realised that wifi calling wasn't working in my phone despite it being activated..
As vowifi was given priority by default hence whenever I was on a wifi network the volte used to behave erratically.

So after reading stuff, I realised wifi calling on jio is kind of a touchy business it doesn't always work with certain ISPs and certain dns addresses.
After some hit and trial I realised that the ad guard private dns that I was using wasn't letting me use wifi calling on jio.
Even the dns.google or the automatic option was also no good.

Today I added
1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com
As private dns address in my phone settings and now after almost many many months (may be more) I was able to switch to WiFi calling while on a WiFi network.

All is well but the ads are back, ad guard dns used to block them wonderfully well...
Was wondering if there is any other dns address that can block ads and wouldn't interfere with WiFi calling as well

Thanks
just disable vowifi?

Back