PC Peripherals Viewsonic VX2025WM Vs Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP

Can some one explain to me this funda the dell people threw at me about the octoroi. Why whould the 10% taxes be exempted in the case of a city which levies octoroi? Is there some hidden catch in here? the sales rep told me that the only difference would be that the delivery would be delayed by one more week. some how I am not very convinced.

OT: are there any problems with the 2407WFP and do i hav to look for a specific revision when buying one? also wut is the approx price?

4mer said:
OT: are there any problems with the 2407WFP and do i hav to look for a specific revision when buying one? also wut is the approx price?

Price for 2407WFP is 39,901 (after rebate of 14,100/-) + 3% octoroi = 41,099/-. If 10% tax is also applied, then add another 3990/-. Also this price is applicable only till the end of this month after which the 14,100 rebate and free 5yr warranty that they are giving now will not be available.

:) Well lord since you have already made up your mind it is okay...but I will ask you to take a look at this site once again..
Face à Face : appareils photo numérique, imprimantes - Les Numeriques
See the 214T samsung shows clearly a background wall with writing clearly on it...but all that the dell shows is a dark background with nothing visible.
If possible I will ask you to compare the pic quality of the dell display with the samsung I mention...
I might be biased but for all I can see the samsung is much better...

Happy Buying anyway....:)

But that is not really the focus of the scene is it ??

See Trinity's face..... looks somewhat screwd up on the Samsung..... The scene is supposed to be dark.... the samsung looks artificially bright....

raj_pol said:
:) Well lord since you have already made up your mind it is okay...but I will ask you to take a look at this site once again..
Face à Face : appareils photo numérique, imprimantes - Les Numeriques
See the 214T samsung shows clearly a background wall with writing clearly on it...but all that the dell shows is a dark background with nothing visible.
If possible I will ask you to compare the pic quality of the dell display with the samsung I mention...
I might be biased but for all I can see the samsung is much better...

Happy Buying anyway....:)

Thats the comparion with a 2407WFP. I am going for the 2007WFP which if you see on the same site, is slightly better. Also theres the question of the price and availability. I am getting the Dell for 27,700/- all inclusive. What about the price and availability of the Samsung 214T.
Nikhil said:
But that is not really the focus of the scene is it ??

See Trinity's face..... looks somewhat screwd up on the Samsung..... The scene is supposed to be dark.... the samsung looks artificially bright....

Yeah, the brightness looks artificial...:) , just like a CRT looks with the brightness turned to 100%. I normally use my CRT at zero brightness and 50% contrast.
I also still have some confusion left about whether I sould go for the widesceen or the 20.1" 4:3 one model (Dell 2007FP). if we calculate the screen area, the Dell widesceen has almost the same area as a 19" 4:3. The 4:3 20.1" has 6% (12 sq.inches) more desk area than a widescreen and costs the same. Is going for a widesceen future proof. I do not intend to upgrade to a new monitor for the next 4 years.

Back