Laptops Urgent: Ultra book under 1L

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
MacBook Air?

Lenovo Yoga is good, though I prefer ThinkPad myself. There is also a ThinkPad Yoga now, check that out if it has arrived in India. You won't be disappointed with Lenovo laptops; they make the best Windows laptops as of now.

ivhere

Adept
Aug 15, 2011
MBP ratina have very slim profile and it is light weight too plus it doesn't have under powered processors like ultrabooks. if you don't like OS you could install windows.

Last edited:

techie_007

Skilled
Jun 2, 2007
www.techiesdomain.com
Quick update for everyone: It came down to the better battery in the Air and metal body vs the Sony ultrabook. Picked up the Sony for the lighter weight (1 kg vs 1.3 kg Air). Damages around 74k. There is an extra sheet battery available that apparently doubles the current run-time, trying to get one of those as well. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reactions: vyral_143

techie_007

Skilled
Jun 2, 2007
www.techiesdomain.com
Initial impressions are good. Battery life seems somewhat lower than the reviews, but then I am not running their usage so thats ok. Still gives me 4+ hrs of moderate use with wifi/office/web etc.

The weight thing is awesome though. Can just carry it around in one hand without any issues.

Another bonus is that the Vaio AC adaptor actually has a USB port for charging purposes. + One of the USB 3.0 ports on the laptop can also be switched to charge devices even when the laptop is off. :)