The Nokia 808 thread (Now available for Preorder @ Rs.2000)

TechHead

ex-Mod
Thought I'd open one of these. Anyone else looking to buy one? I'm getting my grubby paws on it for sure, as soon as it releases here. Very happy with the performance of Belle FP1 on the new 701, which my sis has, so this one is a no brainer.

Depends on the price and whether the Pureview tech comes to the Nokia WP mobiles.
<

I am incredibly excited about this.i am basically in the market for a 2nd phone to replace my faithful ip4 and am also in for a camera.this phone is like a godsend to me.just hoping its priced sanely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^ Nokia has always been fair pricing their phones in India. Compare with Sony Neo v which costs 225$ / 175Euro outside and 17.5k in India
<

499 euro pre-order price for all colours in Germany. Assuming the price will fall to ~450 euros on launch, 27k here in India is not far-fetched.

I am also interested in this beauty. But short on cash for next few months so will have to wait for few months
<
I am just worried about the browser and email app in Belle. I am spoiled by WP7 and wasn't impressed by Belle browser (sans FP1). Also email app is not as great as WP7. But other than these 2 points, this is THE phone I want. So as sabby wrote, might wait till Nokia World 2012 to see if PureView is coming to WP8 anytime soon.

Depends on the price and whether the Pureview tech comes to the Nokia WP mobiles.

Nokia used Symbian in this coz WP7 can't handle the hardware according to them. So chances are nil to slim.

Also it's heavy and Symbiany
<

But after that, it's got the best 38MP camera in a phone, and seemingly for a long time to come. Its doesn't just beat the competition, it kills it.

Even I'm trying to see how this fares. Lots of free lance photographers in family
<

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

30K for 808?
I think its too much..
Around 22-23K,like the N8, It wouldve been awesome!
For around 30K I can buy many good Droids, and even an iPhone 4S(If I Search hard).
So I personally wont suggest anyone until a good review shows up!
I Seriously hope that Nokia would launch a WP8/7.5 Device with the same/better sensor

I'm sure it eventually come down to 26-27k before the festive season (Oct-Nov). In that price I'm defiantly going for this. :)

BTW where is the in-depth review ? ? Can't wait to read the whole phone review.....not just cam sample/review.

Back