The iPad Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^GorillaGlass is scratch resistant but WILL have micro scratches with use and CAN scratch even with sufficiently good use. All it takes is 400/- for permanent protection.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for being a noob, but how to not sync particular apps? And how to solve my problem? Thanks :)
Bump :)

What sort of drop protection should I go for the iPad 1 (1st Generation) ? I have already placed an order for Gadgetshieldz Full Body Screen Protector with a 25% off coupon but also planning to get a transparent kind of silicon case. Can anyone suggest me some cheap but good silicon cases for the iPad 1 or any other good cases?

I wonder if a silicon case would give any sort of drop protection. May be you can get a folio case (which has those unlocking/locking magnets and can also double up as stand) or an otterbox case but that will add substantial bulk. I personally use folio case for my iPad.

Nice thread. I hope I get the best answers here..
Well I was planning to get a new tablet and the Ipad mini catches my eye, as I am not prepared to lug around the 10 incher... will be glad if someone answers my following queries:

1)It comes with last gen A5 processor and 512 mb RAM, How will it fare in reading Pdf's?
2) How do I transfer ebooks that I have downloaded on my PC to Ipad? Is there any other option then itunes? Because I think itunes supports only istore bought books? Do I Have to goto trouble of emailing them to me as attachment?
3) Is it a good buy for 22k? Earlier I was planning on getting a Nexus 7, but it does seem ipad mini performs better in general and is slimmer also.

Well I was planning to get a new tablet and the Ipad mini catches my eye, as I am not prepared to lug around the 10 incher... will be glad if someone answers my following queries:

1)It comes with last gen A5 processor and 512 mb RAM, How will it fare in reading Pdf's?
2) How do I transfer ebooks that I have downloaded on my PC to Ipad? Is there any other option then itunes? Because I think itunes supports only istore bought books? Do I Have to goto trouble of emailing them to me as attachment?
3) Is it a good buy for 22k? Earlier I was planning on getting a Nexus 7, but it does seem ipad mini performs better in general and is slimmer also.

iPad mini is definitely good and a perfect size.

1. I don't think the proccy or RAM should be a matter of concern if reading PDFs is what you want. Also don't run after high spec devices, iOS apps are designed to run on the hardware so you would get a good experience.
2. iTunes is one way, probably ifunbox but i cannot guarantee that. You can also read PDFs and i have transferred PDFs to iBooks app and it works absolutely fine.
3. Cannot comment on this as i have not used Nexus 7.

I would recommend Nexus 7 as it has got better screen resolution than the iPad Mini if you are looking for 7" tablets.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if a silicon case would give any sort of drop protection. May be you can get a folio case (which has those unlocking/locking magnets and can also double up as stand) or an otterbox case but that will add substantial bulk. I personally use folio case for my iPad.

Thanks. Can you suggest any lower priced good folio cases? I don't want to spend much on the ipad's protection as I am going to upgrade it anyway in the next 1 year.

- - - Updated - - -

Also wanted to know till what ios version is the iPad 1 upgradable?

Guys in case I don't have the charger for the iPad what's an alternate solution. Since I travel often it's sometimes tough to carry the chargers coz I may forget. How about the Camera Connection kit available in ebay for around Rs 300 will that help?

Guys in case I don't have the charger for the iPad what's an alternate solution. Since I travel often it's sometimes tough to carry the chargers coz I may forget. How about the Camera Connection kit available in ebay for around Rs 300 will that help?

How come the camera connection kit can replace the charger ? Confused here.

Guys, I had got an original ipad 3 SMART:lol: case from apple. But the case sucks and the ipad does hold in a steady which trying to place the ipad in a vertical TV like position.
I read online and found out that the smart case from apple is the worst apple product ever so my 3k has done into dumps I guess.

Now My dilemma:
I got a cool HD clock app which I am planning to use in the night. So need a nice looking slick smart cover for iPad. Any help here would be much appreciated

Hey guys, i just brought an iPad 4 32GB Wifi + Cellular and also brought the magnetic smart cover with it. The store guy sold me the smart cover at discount of 50%. Now just as pointed out by @vercetti this case kind of sucks and doesn't offer any kind of protection whatsoever. So i am planning to get a front and back scratch guard and a nice, soft and sturdy sleeve. There are a gizillion options out there. Can anybody recommend a few good options :)
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
artattak
May be you can get a front screenguard only and for back and front get a folio case that will encapsulate the iPad from corners which protects against falls. They have magnets as well for automatic locking and unlocking. Usually these folio cases will double up as a stand as well. Personally using it on my iPad 2.

Got a ipad 4 16gb wifi+cellular few days back, it's now showing LTE toggle after the 6.1 update. My iPhone 5 32gb still shows 3G toggle after the update :-/. Am I missing something here ? Afaik LTE can't work for apple products in India right ?

i am using a targus back cover and Smart Cover on front. I love this combo, was using the same on ipad 2. Got a great deal on targus it was 1699mrp got it for ~500 at chroma sale.

this one I am talking about Targus*India*|*THD00704AP*–*Targus VuCompleteâ„¢ Back Cover for The new iPad® (Charcoal Gray)

Nice, will try all to see which one's are the best. Updated my iPad 2 from 5.1.1 to 6.1 and the improvements are awesome. Not able to check the difference between iPad 2 and iPad 3 now.

What improvements you are mentioning ? I too have iPad 2 and am on iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken.
Can you tell how you went through update ? Don't want to risk anything.

Noob Question,

After Jail breaking what happened to those App Store purchase ? Are they going to Work ?

Or they became invalid.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back